Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Saturday, October 4th, 2014



I got up twice during the night at 12:30 and 4:20.  I woke up at 6:45 and got up at 7:30.

Again, I had a bowl of Fitness cereal for breakfast and a cup of coffee but I’m liking the way Teresa makes coffee better because she mixes it in a blender with milk.

At 9:20 I went back to bed and took a nap for an hour.

When I got up, Teresa made me a cup of hot chocolate.

I showed Teresa the order for my PSA blood tests that Dr. Uribe wrote for me 3 months ago.  I called him but he only spoke Spanish so I gave the phone to Teresa.  I understand we have to call his secretary to make an appointment but I told Teresa I wouldn’t be able to handle the Spanish so she said she would call Monday and we’ll make an appointment for Tuesday.  I have to get my blood test done early in the morning and then give the doctor the results at the appointment.  Last time the results weren’t ready until 6pm but those were more extensive tests.

When we finished watching Hanna, Laura put on Redemption starring Jason Statham.

I told Teresa if Direct TV doesn’t come today then we have to go to Patrick’s Irish Pub tomorrow to watch the Bears game.  Also, I want to buy a cake and ice cream to celebrate Teresa’s birthday tomorrow.  When she told me she can’t eat a lot of sweets, I told her that Laura and I would eat the rest.  Lol.

Teresa talked to the carpenter and he said he would be here on Monday, October 20th to build the closet.  We also want to get an estimate on building stairs up to the upstairs loft.

At 2pm, for lunch I had a bowl of lentil soup with 4 pork ribs and a glass of guayaba (sp?) juice.

Teresa and I took a little nap from 2:55 to 4:10.

Teresa called the lady at Direct TV and she said they are still coming.  At 4:30 she called again and they said they would be here on Monday from 1 to 4pm.  Aarrgh!

Teresa talked to Une and I understand my last chance to have 4mg Wi-Fi disappeared.  Now it looks like I will need to use a modem with a new Une telephone connection.  I need about 13’ or 4 meters of phone line to the outlet, which luckily was included in my magicJack purchase last year.  I also need an ISP (Internet Service Provider).  Is AOL still in business?  My problem is I need an ISP to use the internet and I need the internet to order an ISP.  I guess I’ll have to begin researching that tomorrow at Patrick’s using my iPad.

At 5:30 we noticed a greenish hummingbird inside the finca which must have come in the open front door and is now flying around the roof beams in a panic.  Five minutes later it started flying much lower, buzzed each of us a couple times, landed on the ladder to the loft, and again on a 5’ wall that divides the dining room from the kitchen.  That’s when we got the best look at it and its long curved proboscis.  A couple minutes later it was gone; probably out through the open kitchen window.  Oops, wrong again.  When I went over to the TV it flew down from near the entrance to the loft.  A few minutes later again it settled on the ladder.  I slowly moved my finger toward it hoping he would sit on it but of course as soon as I got about an inch away it took off.  It was neat to feel the wind generated by its wings.
We made popcorn and watched The Living Dead Girl.  Someone in the family really likes horror movies; I think she said it was her sister in Miami.This was a pretty good movie.

Next we tried watching Lie Network but it was in French and it didn’t let me change it even though the options should be for French, English, and Spanish for the audio and subtitles.

Laura came home about 10:45 and we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Good morning.  Let the stress begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment