Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Thursday, October 2nd, 2014



I got up once during the night, right after Laura left at 5:30am.  We both woke/got up at 8:45.

After a small bowl of Fitness cereal, Teresa made me a breakfast of scrambled eggs with tomato and onion, an arepa with cheese and a coffee con leche.

During breakfast I learned her mother is 76 years old, lives with her 41 year old daughter in Miami with her 31 year old husband and 6 cats, and isn’t expected to visit here this year.  She has lived in the US for 22 years and doesn’t speak any English.

Later Teresa informed me that Direct TV called Laura to say they might be out today or tomorrow.  Teresa says we’ll know if they’ve arrived when we hear the dogs up the hill.

I finished watching The Impossible then Teresa and I started dismanteling Laura’s bed.  Once again we found one stubborn nut which I sprayed with CRC and waited 30 minutes before trying again.  Once again I couldn’t loosen the nut until I switched to her wrench; stronger metal?  

We were going to leave Laura’s 2nd bed in her room but she came home at 1:30 and she said it was ugly and didn’t want it in her room any longer.
We took a nap from 3 to 4 and just as we were about to get up we heard a visitor at the door talking to Laura.  I understand the man up the hill stopped by and brought 15 eggs for them.  We came out after he had left.  Then with Laura’s help we were able to put the large bed together in Laura’s bedroom.  I was careful not to tighten the bolts too much.  Then Teresa decided she wanted the guest bed turned in a different direction but at least that was easy to do without dismantling the bed.

I found Reina’s cell phone number in my files but when Teresa called it turned out to be an old number.  I did find her Cedula number which Teresa believes we might be able to use at Une.

I couldn’t find the glass measuring cup I used to use to microwave water for my morning coffee.  Teresa took me out to the separate storage shed, which actually could be turned into another bedroom, and showed me my things which she had stored there.  I found my waffle maker, its wooden spoons and the plastic container I used to store my crispetas but not the measuring cup.  I told her it was glass and she probably wrapped it in paper so she took me inside to a large chest in the 3rd bedroom and as soon as she opened it I recognized its shape.  Now I have everything I need to microwave myself a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

Then I made popcorn and we all watched The Expendables 2.  Then Laura went to bed and Teresa and I watched Live or Die on This day starring Liam Neeson.

After the movie Teresa remembered she forgot to bring in the laundry so we went out and she took each of the items off the line and handed them to me.



T-shirt of the day: Sorry, I’m bad.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment