Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wednesday, October 1st, 2014



I got up once during the night, about 2:30, woke up at 7:20 and got up at 8am.

For breakfast I had a bowl of Fitness cereal, an arepa with butter, and a cup of hot chocolate.

I found 4 more mosquito bites, 3 on my right hand and one on my right foot.

We left the finca about 10:30, fought our way through the gauntlet of dogs, were at the road at 10:45 and caught our bus at 10:55.  We were at Aguacatala by 11:25 and Viva CC by 11:55.  We couldn’t believe how many people were there; probably because it’s the 1st of the month.  I waited in line at BanColombia until 12:30 to pay my health insurance premium.  We walked across the street to Mall Laureles because they have a stronger wi-fi signal.  We ate at Frisby: we shared a Frichiletta I think it’s called, we each had a bowl of vegetable soup and juice and she had potato salad and I had cole slaw.  It was a lot of food for about 40mil.  I took a foto of my health insurance payment receipt and emailed it to Natalia.

We stopped at the ATM and I took some money out of the ATH machine because it can tell me my remaining balance.  I understood that my social security payment hadn’t been made yet.  I believe it comes in on the 2nd anyway.

We wanted to purchase a few things at Exito but decided to skip it because there were so many people.

We took a bus to the Une office on the edge of town.  The lady there accepted my router but she couldn’t accept the other one because I didn’t have Dylan’s cedula number or telephone number.  

Since we were so close to our next desination, Home Center, and it would cost a little less than 4 mil for a bus, and we would have to walk a ways to get to the other side of the road I decided we would take a taxi.   Unfortunately, it seemed the driver wanted to take the long way around and it cost 6mil.  I bought another lamp adapter, 3-prong to 2-prong adapter, an extension cord and another pair of plastic hooks.  We left at 3:30 and got back to the finca at 5:15.  Again we had to fight off the dogs.  It was very stuffy on the bus so I was badly in need of a shower.  I think I hit the doberman in the nose with my pepper spray but I guess I have to get him in the eyes to really teach him a lesson.

Teresa and I watched a Clint Eastwood baseball movie and then she made me a toasted ham sandwich for dinner.

Then we started watching The Impossible, but at 10:30 Teresa announced she was very tired and going to bed so I stopped the movie and went also.

No comments:

Post a Comment