Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sunday, October 5th, 2014



Happy Birthday Teresa!  Today she’s 56 years old; I think!

Last night I got up once at 4:20, woke up at 7:10 and got up at 8am.
Teresa made scrambled eggs with tomato and onion and an arepa with cheese for breakfast.  She also made coffee with cream in her blender that we shared.

Laura is going with us to today’s Bears game at Patrick’s so that will be a little different.  She will probably love seeing the young gringos there with their blue eyes.

Teresa wants to leave at 10:30 but I want to leave at 10am because I’m afraid we might have to wait for 30 minutes to catch a bus.

We left the finca at 10:15 and were lucky that the dogs didn’t hear us until we were already past the house and then the doberman didn’t come out at all.   The other dog hung back, maybe because we were already so far away or maybe because he isn’t with the alpha male.

We got to the road at 10:25 and only had to wait 10 minutes for a bus.  We were at the Poblado station by just after 11am.  Thinking that I may need to buy a modem soon I told Teresa there is something I’m going to need to buy at Monterrey soon so we went there.  I learned of a new way to get across the street by actually going under the bridge by the highway and there is a back entrance into the mall.  But being Sunday almost all the stores were closed.  I believe Laura was able to get wi-fi on her cell phone but I wasn’t able to get it on my iPad.  Teresa did her nails and I read some in my Nook while Laura played with her phone.  

At 11:45 we took a taxi to Patrick’s and got there 3 minutes early.  He put the game on and we all had a drink and sat inside to watch it.  Just after halftime it started raining, then harder, and finally we actually saw hail hitting the awning of the restaurant across the street.  One of the gringos went out on the porch and took some video of it.  Laura had the beef stroganoff and Teresa and I each had the Thai Stir Fry Chicken.  Laura had a couple juices, I had a couple Cokes and Teresa had a couple Miller Lights.  The Bears built up a 2 touchdown lead but the Panthers got one back just before halftime.  

I checked Amazon.com and found I can purchase pepper spray so I should be able to renew my supply as long as customs allows it through.

I also got an email that I have a package at MBE for me to pick up.  I wonder what that could be.

The Bears ended up losing by a touchdown.  I paid 134,750 for lunch with my debit card and we left.  The rain had stopped and we walked a couple blocks where we caught a taxi to Envigado.  About 5 minutes into the ride I couldn’t see his meter and I guess they noticed this as the driver finally turned it on and I believe he was apologizing for forgetting.  I was going to tip him an extra 2mil but he ended up adding 3mil to the total for our ride anyway.

At Exito I took enough money out of their Davivienda ATM to cover the final payment on the closet and then we did some shopping.  It’s not a good idea to shop on the weekends, it was really crowded.  I paid 163,652 for food.  I now have 25,000 Exito points; maybe when my brother comes I can talk to Teresa about what we can use them for.  I just talked to Teresa about it and she said that if you don’t use the points you can use them so next time we’re in Exito she will check on what they can be used for.

The clouds looked threatening again but we managed to get to the bus stop and only had to wait 5 minutes for one.  It started raining again on the way but luckily it had stopped by the time we got off.  Going up the hill we observed a nice car stuck on the road but for some reason Teresa didn’t want to help push them out.  About the time we were even with the house with the dogs they started barking but the owner came out and shut them up.
When we got back to the house we were surprised to see that we no longer had electricity.  We used all the cell phones and flashlights we had but it looked like they were all soon in need of recharging.  We bought ice cream and cake to celebrate our birthdays but my the time we got back to the finca the ice cream was more like soup.  Nevertheless, we each had a slice of cake and a bowl of vanilla soup and I sang Happy Birthday to celebrate her birthday.  Teresa went to bed at 8:30 and its 9:35 and the electricity still hasn’t come back on but now it’s time for me to go to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Born free – Surfrider Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment