Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Friday, October 3rd, 2014



Last night we went to bed at 10:30, I got up once at 2:30, Teresa got up for Laura from about 5 to 5:30, then I woke/got up at 7:40.  I was a little nervous to be getting up that late because Direct TV is supposed to come today between 8am and 10am.

Teresa feeds the dogs in the morning and because Luna eats so slowly, she brings her into the house so the other dogs don’t try to take her food after they have finished.  I made a joke that maybe Luna is an American dog and the others are Colombian, a reference to the fact that last night at dinner I was only halfway through eating when Laura had already finished.  Teresa started looking at Luna seriously until I told her it was only a joke.

While she watered all the plants outside the finca, Peter would bark and run through the water having a good time while the other dogs could care less.

I often hear what sounds like 3 quick gunshots in a row.  I asked Teresa if there is hunting here.  (My other theory was that it was dynamite they are using to build the highway.)  I understood there is a fireworks company nearby and they test their product throughout the day.

We moved one of the dismantled beds and a few other things upstairs to the loft area.

A little after 10am Teresa called the lady at Direct TV and she said she would get in touch with the technology department to find out what’s going on.

We took all our bags of garbage out behind the finca where she set it afire.  She then showed me a smaller shed where she told me she used to keep chickens.  She told me when it’s clean we could move everything from the larger building and then it could be used as a “guest house”.  I asked her if she had ever killed chickens and she said “yes”.

At the bottom of the hill, maybe 50-60 yards away, I could see Peter playing with a large rock, turning it over and over again.  I told him to bring it up but he probably didn’t understand.  Lol.

At noon there was no word from Direct TV.  I told her the same thing happens in the US.

At one point, Teresa asked me if I made love with Reina and other women in what is now our bed and I said “yes”.  I could tell she was thinking and I feared we would have to put all the beds back in their original locations.  Finally, she said we would have to talk with Jhon later and she dropped the conversation.

About 4pm Teresa talked to someone on her cell phone and then asked me to call Jhon.  Jhon told me he sent me email messages yesterday and today and I told him I don’t have internet yet so I didn’t receive them.  He gave me 2 names with telephone numbers and asked me to call them.  I wrote them down and then had him repeat what he had told me for Teresa.  Teresa called them and when she finally got through she found out that Direct TV had been in Caldas this afternoon and would try again tomorrow afternoon between 1 and 4.

I made popcorn and we watched That Awkward Moment with Zac Efron and then Taken 2.  Teresa made me a grilled ham and cheese sandwich which I had with a cup of decaffeinated coffee and then we started watching Hanna starring Eric Bana.  Teresa said she was very tired so we went to bed at 9:30.  

T-shirt of the day: For a good time – just add beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment