Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Monday, October 20th, 2014



I fell sleep quickly but after I got up at 4am I had difficulty getting back to sleep.  Teresa got up soon after to help Laura get ready for school.  She came back to bed soon after and later I learned that Laura was late getting up.  The next time I woke up I heard a fireworks test and saw light coming through the shutters.  The next time I woke up I looked at my watch and it was 9:50am.  Yikes!

For breakfast I had coffee and an arepa with ham and cheese.

Teresa told me her 3 year old Haceb stove only has 1 of the 4 burners working so she wants to stop at the Envigado Exito to talk to someone about it.  (BTW, she doesn’t use the oven because it uses too much electricity.)  She also has an 11 year old Whirlpool refrigerator and a 10 year old Samsung combination clothes washer/dryer that both work fine although she has someone in occasionally for preventive maintenance on the latter.

I noticed a few bugs had gotten into my sugar container because the little metal door doesn’t close all the way.  I poured out all the sugar, removed the bugs, put the sugar back and switched tops.  Hopefully that will solve that problem.

We called Marta on her cell phone to ask about my apartment deposit refund but there was no answer.  We tried the store and Jamie said that Marta would be in later.

I see that Monday Night Football is at 7:25pm tonight on ESPI (ESPN 1? channel 621) and ESPHD (ESPN High Definition channel 622).

Laura came home at 1pm and asked where my iPad is.  I got it out and she said something about Wi-Fi.  I looked at Settings and saw a network named AndroidAP available.  I selected it, she entered the password and I was able to get an internet access.  We did the same for my laptop and my Nook and it worked although the connection is slow.  I asked her how she happened to know the password and what I understood was that after we recharged her Samsung cell phone I can get Wi-Fi from it as long as it’s here.  

At 1:15 it started raining again with a little thunder and lightning.  It was over by 1:45.

I keep getting “The request timed out” when I try to download my Nook book on my iPad.  And only the email titles have downloaded not their content.  

Teresa mentioned that Laura’s laptop modem gives her 2mg speed and it can be increased to 8mb.

Teresa made popcorn and we watched the movie Annapolis although it was only in English.

At 10:30 I took my Passion Flower drops, we went to bed and I quickly fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment