Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Thursday, October 9th, 2014



We both woke up at 8:30am and right away we had a difference of opinion.  I was thinking today is when Une is coming to my apartment and Teresa thought it was tomorrow.

We got up and Teresa started cleaning the kitchen while I called Jhon.  Teresa was right, so today she wants us to go to the pueblo (small village) Amaga to buy fruits and vegetables.

I saw an advertisement for the NFL package on Direct TV and they specifically mentioned channels 689 – 695.  I checked channel 689 and it said “Programming not Available”.  It won’t even stop on the other channels.  Tonight I’ll see if I can get the Thursday night game of the week and if not then I’ll need to call them to complain.

It was already a very cool day today and then it started drizzling.  Teresa gave me the remainder of the container of ice cream to finish and now I’m cold.

At noon Teresa told me Une is here but she was a little upset because she was trying to make lunch.

The two Une guys came in for about 15 minutes and filled out some paperwork so I’m really hopeful I will be able to get Wi-Fi here.

They left at 12:30 and Teresa and I walked with them to protect them from the neighbor’s dogs with my pepper spray.  Three of Teresa’s dogs followed us.  We stopped at the neighbor’s house and the Une guys talked to the neighbor.  The 2 “killer dogs” came out and the Doberman sniffed up one of the guys.  The 2 guys didn’t seem afraid of the dogs at all.  It’s obvious that Teresa’s 3 dogs and the neighbors 2 dogs do not get along.  At one point 2 of Teresa’s dogs confronted the 2nd of the neighbor’s dogs and while they were busy the Doberman chased Teresa’s 3rd dog down the path.  With so much barking and snarling I’m surprised that anyone was able to hear anyone else.

I finished Ken Follett’s 326 pages Eye of the Needle; now I need an internet connection before I can download another book.

Lunch was fried chicken breast, rice, cucumber salad, and juice.  There was another type of fried meat and I tried it and immediately spit it out.  I told her its fish and she told me its tuna.  That’s the 2nd time she’s tried to slip fish past me.

I asked her about getting Wi-Fi and I understand it hasn’t been determined yet.  She told me the Une rep wants to charge more by declaring we are in estrato 5 when actually we are in estrato 3.   I told her getting Wi-Fi is most important to me not which estrato we are in.  She said I’m wrong and stated that she pays 40-50mil for electricity here and her brother, in estrato 6 in Envigado, pays 200mil for electricity and Direct TV.  So I don’t know what’s going to happen.

Because of the cold and rain she doesn’t believe we would be able to get a taxi back from Amaga so I understand we aren’t going there today.

We talked more about the estrato situation.  Her epm bill says she is in estrato 5 and she doesn’t have anything that says she is in estrato 3.  She believes she is in estrato 3 because all her neighbors are.  I don’t know how it works in Colombia but it seems to me if she wants to be known she is in estrato 3 she needs to somehow change her epm bill to declare that.

The bill for Laura’s “wi-fi” is due tomorrow and Teresa was going to cancel it because we should have Wi-Fi soon but after another discussion we will pay it for one more month until we know we will be able to get Wi-Fi.  Who knows, if we can’t get it, I may be getting the same portable “wi-fi” that Laura has.

We went to bed at 10:30.

T-shirt of the day: Lousiana

No comments:

Post a Comment