Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014



I got up 3 times during the night, and after the last time I had some difficulty getting back to sleep.  Finally I fell back asleep.  I was aware of Teresa getting up at sometime when I could see some light coming through cracks in the shutters.  I finally woke/got up at 9:40am.

For breakfast Teresa made me scrambled eggs with tomato, an arepa and coffee con leche.

I went through the Direct TV brochure and created my own list of stations with channel numbers on my laptop.  It appears some of the movies can be shown in English with Spanish subtitles and others in either English or Spanish without subtitles.

For part of the morning Teresa and Laura watched a movie in Spanish starring Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony.

For lunch Teresa made some kind of vegetable soup, chicken, rice, and juice.

At 3pm, Teresa just told me Une is coming tomorrow morning to install Wi-Fi for me.   That’s great news!

At 3:30 Teresa said she would like me and Laura to go into town to buy milk and a few other things.

Laura and I got just past the neighbor before the bad dogs came out.  We only waited about 5 minutes for a bus to Caldas.  On the way the road was blocked at one point between a minor fender bender between a SUV and a truck.  In town we walked a couple blocks to a small grocery where we bought a large bag of Fab detergent, a package of arepas, milk, and toilet paper.  We stopped at one of those lottery shops where I recharged Teresa’s cell phone with 20mil and Laura’s with 3mil.  We only waited 5 minutes for the return bus.  On the way back at one point our lane was blocked by 3 dogs with 2 others on the side of the road.  Two of the dogs were not going to move because one was screwing the other and the bus had to go around them.  I had a clear view of the action through the windshield but Laura missed the action.

Coming back down the path we were only challenged briefly by the 2nd dog, the doberman wasn’t in sight.

Teresa showed me a bottle she got from her mother but she couldn’t read it because she thought it was in English.  I’m pretty sure it was in French and from the smell and the word “parfum” I told her I think its perfume.  

Using the extra extension cord I bought the other day Teresa drilled a hole in the corner of the shower and we put up the plastic soap holder.

At one point Teresa affectionately put her head against the top of my nose but she used too much force and we both heard it go “crack”.

For dinner we ran out of sandwich bread so she cut a couple pieces of French bread for a ham and cheese sandwich and I also had an arepa with butter and a cup of coffee con leche.

Later I made popcorn, first only with salt, and then another with butter and salt and we all watched a horror film called The Grudge 3.

We went to bed at 10:30am.

T-shirt of the day: Tough as nails

No comments:

Post a Comment