Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Thursday, October 23rd, 2014



I got up at 6:30am and had calentao, an arepa and coffee for breakfast.  

We left the finca at 8:45, got past the killer dogs undetected, only had to wait 10 minutes for a bus and were at Viva CC by 10:15.

For the first time I tried to take money out of the BanColombia ATM on the main floor and was able to take out the maximum of 400mil without difficulty.  (When I say maximum I mean the largest amount allowable by selecting options without having to enter the exact amount in digits.)  We stopped at the Direct TV kiosk but Elizabeth wasn’t there today.  She will be in tomorrow.  I was only able to get a weak Wi-Fi signal outside the Mac Center store.  At Exito we bought a couple food containers, granola and popcorn for 68,200.  I bought another months’ supply of Tamsulosin for 42,600 because I’m down to my last 4 pills.

We took a bus to Une and afterward I understood they are going to send out some other, more technical, workers to research our desire for Wi-Fi.  While there I noticed a sign advertising Une 4G LTE starting at $20 or $40.  I wasn’t able to get a Wi-Fi signal there. Afterwards Teresa asked if I still prefer Wi-Fi over a modem and I said yes. 

We took a taxi to Premium Plaza CC where I think Teresa cancelled Laura’s modem with Movistar.  While there I noticed a sign advertising Movistar 4G LTE.  Now I wish I had bought my iPad with Wi-Fi and 3G capability.

We had a nice lunch at Frisby of Combo #2 for me and the Frischuleta for her for a total of 38,700.  I was finally able to get a strong enough Wi-Fi signal so I could read some old emails.  While walking through the mall I noticed my first Amway store.  Teresa told me she sold Amway products for a while and I told her I did it twice. 
We took a taxi from there to the Cedimed clinic on Calle 7.  The taxi driver didn’t know where it was so I told him to go to Parque Pablado and I gave him directions from there.  He played some American music on his radio and when I found out he spoke a little English I switched to giving him directions in English.

Again I was able to get a strong Wi-Fi connection in the clinic while waiting for my test results so I was able to read more of my emails.  We walked down the hill where we caught a bus to Envigado, walked down the steep hill and to the other side of the metro station where after about a 15 minute wait we caught a bus back to the finca.  BTW, on the walk through Envigado I noticed a barbershop named Snoop Dogg Barberia.

I used up 4 sprays on the Doberman until the owner came out and called him off.

Teresa mentioned her orthodontist charges 20mil for a teeth cleaning compared to the 130mil I paid my orthodontist.

Teresa and I took a little nap from 5:15 to 5:45.

When I got up Teresa told me Laura was crying because she lost 50mil pesos today.  She needed 70mil pesos for something and, not having exact change yesterday, I gave Teresa 100mil for her.  Apparently she put it in the same pocket as her cell phone and it must have come out when she removed her cell phone.

We all watched Mama Mia in Spanish, except for the songs of course.

Teresa made popcorn and she and I finished an action movie followed by a music contest show I’ve never seen before called The Voice.

We went to bed at 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment