Saturday, May 21, 2016

Friday, May 20th, 2016 – Moving Day #6 - NOT



It’s been a month now since we experienced the home invasion.  We’ve come a long way in that month.

I’ll try to make this as short as possible.  I got up at 7am, took a shower, ate a bowl of cereal and by 8:05 we were waiting on the corner for Wilson.  Teresa made a call and then informed me he’s sleeping.  Strike one!  We took a taxi and bus to the finca – I gave each of the black dogs a couple of the new dog biscuits – and we arrived by 10am.  No one brought the materials for the sideroad.  Strike two!  No one came to pick up the things remaining in the finca – strike three!  While we were waiting Teresa mopped the floor several times and burned some garbage.  I brought the small fan down from the loft area.  I’m real glad I had my Nook with me or I would have been bored out of my mind.

Teresa put me on the phone with Lucas Rave the director of the school - Idiomizar.  His English was very good although he said he has never been to the US.  He explained that Laura would take classes from Monday thru Friday for 90 minutes each day for 300,000 pesos per month.  For some reason, because she has already had some classes, he then said it would only be 280mil per month.  I understand their instructors are from the US, England, Canada and Colombia.  I explained my concern that they concentrate on her pronunciation because there’s a big difference between “chit” and “shit” although they sound almost the same.

We left at 5:30 and I gave each of the black dogs another dog biscuit.  Then Tony and Peter showed up and there was a near fight amongst the 4 dogs.  Tony and Peter followed us all the way down to the highway even though Teresa repeatedly yelled at them to go back.  I chased them up the hill several times and they just came back down when I did.  Mario arrived in his 4-wheel drive SUV and while Teresa was talking to him 4 buses passed that we could have taken.  Finally, Mario opened his back door and Teresa asked me to put the dogs in back.  I understand he drove up the hill and released them at the top.  A few minutes later they were back.  A bus arrived but as we were getting on the dogs were right there next to us in the highway.  Teresa asked the bus driver to wait a minute but after a few seconds he pulled away.  I got the dogs to go back up the hill a bit but they kept following me back.  I spanked each of them once or twice and that kept them from at least getting too close to us.  Once I threw a rock at Tony and he moved back but Peter thought it was a game and just chased the rock.  Finally, 30 minutes later, they were distracted by something, another bus arrived and we got on before they could catch up to us.

Teresa told me that Mario would take the dogs – that’s a relief – if it’s true.
At Envigado I stopped at Frisby and picked up food while Teresa went on to the apartment.

I understand we’re going to try all of this again on Monday.  Tomorrow the fridge and wi-fi are supposed to come so we’ll see how that works out.

T-shirt of the day: Trouble maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment