Saturday, May 21, 2016

Thursday, May 12th, 2016 – Moving Day #3



At 8:30 a truck with a couple men showed up and took away about a dozen bags of stuff that Teresa is giving to her friend Elda.  They also took a couple pieces of furniture that I understand Teresa is selling to her.

Our truck showed up at 1:15.  It started raining at 1:30 but thankfully it only lasted about 5 minutes.

We left with a full truck at 4:30.  Again we drove through Caldas.  On the highway I noticed 2 cows eating grass on the medium strip between the 2 busy sections.

Again they dropped me off at Exito and I bought dinner.

The movers were barely able to fit the large heavy wood sofa through the door and get it up the stairs.  That wood is very heavy.  I gave each of the 2 guys 100mil but for some reason we didn’t pay the driver anything.
I understand the movers aren’t going to be available again until Monday.  We still have our bed to move and a few other things.

The upstairs neighbor has some type of a parrot that I heard whistling starting about 5pm.  You can only hear it when it’s quiet and suddenly it shut up about 6pm or so so I suspect that’s when she covered its cage for the night.

We spent our first night in the apartment.  We were exausted and I fell asleep quickly even though there were probably still a few motorcycles roaring by.

T-shirt of the day: This sucks.  (It must be talking about moving.)

No comments:

Post a Comment