Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Monday, May 23rd, 2016 – Moving Day #6 - NOT



I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and Teresa made me a ham and cheese sandwich to take with us for my lunch.

We bought 3 600ml bottles of Coke for later.  We left the apt at 8:30 and by 9:30 we were at the finca.

Angel was there to work on the road.

A truck arrived and stopped just past Guillermo’s house and unloaded sand, concrete, water pipes (not the hookah type), and something called soldadura (which, for me, translated to welding).  It all cost 292,800 and I gave the driver 300,000.

The driver had difficulty backing up the sideroad and they finally called and asked me to help them out.  I stood in the back over one set of the rear wheels and he was able to get sufficient traction to back up the hill.  Teresa told me he will be back at 2:30 to pick up the last of our things.

I finished Nelson DeMille’s The Panther and downloaded his book Radiant Angel.

A couple arrived that I’ve seen before and they spent quite a while looking over the finca.  Not sure if they’re from a rental/sales agency or they themselves are interested in renting or buying it.

At 5pm we gave up and went back to the apartment.  Teresa made French toast for me for dinner and a ham and cheese sandwich for herself.  (I know she’s got a new toy but that doesn’t mean we have to have hot sandwiches for every meal now.)  I’m going to ask her to make me a fried egg with bacon.  Then I’ll put it in the sandwich maker for a fried egg and bacon sandwich.

I finally figured out where I stored the password for my laptop lock.
T-shirt of the day: Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment