Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Tuesday, May 24th, 2016



I slept well, got up at 7:15 and took my shower.  Teresa wanted me to go to Exito to buy arepas.  First, I’m hungry now, 2nd Exito doesn’t open until 8:30, 3rd I’m tired (already) of running to the store to pick up a few things for her.  Instead let’s go to Exito together and buy 4 large bags of food – 2 for each of us to carry.

She made scrambled eggs for me for breakfast.  She seemed incredulous that I could possibly have breakfast without an arepa.  Lol.  I told her the whole world doesn’t eat arepas for breakfast so she could survive a day without eating one.

About noon she told me Direct TV was on their way.  They arrived and she told me they would be here for 2 hours so she sent me out for lunch.  I had the special of the day at Carbón de Leña.  Back at the apartment about an hour later the TV was on and the guys had already gone.  We now have Direct TV again.  (Good, because there’s something I want to watch tonight.)

Teresa was starving and I thought she wanted to go to Carbón de Leña but we headed in a different direction.  We stopped at the garage restaurant where she had their special of the day (with lots of salad) and I had a glass of fresh juice (which they didn’t charge me for).  We thought this was a new restaurant but found out they’ve been there for 13 years.

We walked to the language school where we met Marco, Laura’s English teacher.  He was born in Washington DC of an Italian father and Chilean mother so he speaks English and Spanish.  He told me he was in Chicago once for a class to be a Bath Fitter representative – the only problem is they sent him there on the 2nd week of January.  Not kind.  His class was in Northbrook which I’m very familiar with and I told him that’s a very nice suburb of Chicago.  We talked some sports.  Of course he’s a Redskins fan and I’m a Bears fan.

Laura arrived and I charged 341,250 for the 1st month’s English classes.  I understand for the following months the charge is 281,250.  (Maybe the extra 60mil is for a workbook?)

We walked back to the garage restaurant where Laura had lunch and I had another glass of juice.

We walked a short distance to the Tienda D1 where Teresa picked up 3 more bottles of floor cleaner and some cleaning sponges and I picked up a can of chile.

Laura left and we walked back to the apartment where we each took a nap for about an hour.

When I got up I turned on my laptop and found we’d lost our internet connection.  The Direct TV guys probably disconnected it somehow.

For dinner I warmed the small can of chile, spread some butter on half a hamburger bun, heated it in the microwave and had it all with a cold glass of milk.

Luara came over in the evening and I think she found something disconnected under the TV, reattached it, and we have internet again.

Teresa and Laura made a run to Exito and picked up some foodstuffs.
I sent an email to my old friend Dario to see if he’s interested in playing chess.

T-shirt of the day: I am not in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment