Monday, May 23, 2016

Sunday, May 22nd, 2016



Well, it’s official, I have a cold.  I think this is the 2nd one in my 3 years here.  At least I think it should go away faster than if I was in the States.

We had cereal for breakfast.  We left the apt at 11:30 and stopped at Tienda D1 where Teresa found her floor cleaner and I found a can of chile (it ain’t Hormel but I’ll still give it a try).  We didn’t buy anything and then we stopped at a church where we stayed for their hour-long service.  When we left we walked by a spot where there’s always soldiers standing guard.   Today there were more than usual with what looked like “camping” gear drying in the backyard.  We walked by Tienda D1 again but Teresa didn’t want to stop for some reason.  I think she was very hungry.  She stopped at a little shop that sold candles and wanted to buy one for 25mil but I told her I didn’t have that much cash with me.  She kind of gave me a hard time because I didn’t remember it.  She took me to the back and we walked into the Exito food court where we had been many times before; usually that entrance is locked so we got lucky today.  She finally realized that the only thing new about this place was the entrance.  I was going to have a Qbano sandwich but she convinced me to give the Cafeteria a try.  They had white rice (of course) and what looked like beef stew so I just put the 2 ingredients together with some salad and a juice.

Afterwards we went to Home Center where I tried to convince her to buy a dish set but she just bought 3 plates and 3 glasses and I picked up a box of dog biscuits, a light bulb and a door wedge.

She wanted to walk back to Tienda D1 to buy the floor cleaner and then carry everything back to the apartment but I convinced her to take a taxi straight back to the apt.  

Martha showed up for a few minutes to show Teresa how to light the cooktop burners.

Later Teresa wanted me to stop at Tienda D1 to buy her floor cleaner – right.  I begged off because of my cold.

She wanted me to go to Exito with her to buy a sandwich maker and fixings but I begged off again.  She waited an hour for Laura to arrive, I gave her some cash and they went together.

They came back with a Black & Decker Sandwich Maker and Teresa made ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches.  She forgot to buy lettuce.

I was going to move the laptop to the dining room table so I could play a movie on Netflix to watch on the TV.  But I realized I have my laptop cabled to a chair and I forgot where I put the combination – oops!

T-shirt of the day: We are all made from stars.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're finally into your new digs and that things seem to be stabilizing after the move. Well mostly you seem to be in.

    I don't know about you but I have always really hated moving!

    Incidentally I've wound up this week with a cold, too.
    (Couldn't be from reading your blog, could it?)

    Cheers!

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't enjoy moving. Although you do get a chance to go through things and eliminate some things you might not even remembered you had.

    I think I caught my cold from my gf's daughter Laura. Sorry, you got one too but it's nice to share, right?

    ReplyDelete