Sunday, May 22, 2016

Saturday, May 21st, 2016



Well that was an interesting morning.

At 9:15 Une showed up.  I thought they would start working on the telephone line but they worked on the double coaxial cables instead.  I understand they can deliver internet, TV, and telephone.

At 9:30 the refrigerator arrived.  They unpacked it and put it in its proper spot in the kitchen.  We’re supposed to wait 5 hours before plugging it in and another 4 days before discarding the packing materials.  They were only here about 5 minutes.

At 9:40 the fumigator arrived and he sprayed all the floor/wall edges and left about 10 minutes later.  (Now the cockroaches will probably go visit other apartments.)

Une said we could have wi-fi for 60mil a month or wi-fi, TV (basic package), and telephone (land line) for 90mil a month.  We chose the package; we might save some money on phone calls (especially when on hold) with a land line instead of a cell phone.  Only thing is we don’t have a telephone.  We ordered the basic TV package (which includes History Channel and Geographic Channel) but we can always upgrade later or switch to Direct TV.

In the finca I was getting 50Mbps internet but in the apartment it looks like I’m getting 130Mbps. Yay!

I picked up a whole chicken, an order of fries, a couple salads and sodas at Frisby for 55,000 (about $18).

I got caught up on my blog posts, emails, updated my bank info, balanced my bank statements, etc.

The Colombian Peso appears to have closed for the week at 3,051.94.

I had to do a chat with Citibank to get it to accept my new bank card.
At 3pm we plugged in the fridge, removed all the tape, and poured water into the water dispenser and ice cube maker.

I made waffles for dinner.

I turned on the TV and all I got was static and the remote control didn’t seem to work even though it had new batteries inside.

When Laura stopped by with her girlfriend Cindy I asked if she could fix the TV.  She tried and then Teresa informed us that she heard Une TV sucks (not her exact words) so we’re going to get Direct TV.  So now I understand we only got Une wi-fi, no telephone or TV.

T-shirt of the day: Look closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment