Saturday, May 21, 2016

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016



Slept well, got up about 8am.  We both had cereal for breakfast and unpacked more things.

Teresa informed me she still has a few things she wants to bring from the finca.  What?  I thought I was done making that trip.  I told her she can go back alone.

Teresa talked to someone interested in buying a finca but the woman wanted it cheap.

Teresa had brought a couple bags of things for Elda so we’re waiting for someone to arrive and take them away.

I understand Laura isn’t going to return to Americano Colombiano for English lessons - she’s going to try EAFIT University.

Laura showed up about 10am.  She has yet to stay a night in the apartment.
A man showed up about 10:15 and took away 2 bags of stuff for Elda.

I put on my gringo outfit (t-shirt, shorts & sandals) because I was going to gringo land.  Laura and I left about 11:15 for El Poblado.  At MBE I picked up my 4 documents: Chess Life magazine, my 3rd annual pension fund statement, and 2 new Citibank debit cards.  I don’t know why there are 2, so now I have to call them to find out which one I’m supposed to use.

We walked 3 blocks up Calle 10 to Frisby where we ordered a whole chicken, cole slaw, potato salad, and bottles of soda which we brought back on the bus.  The bus driver took us 2-3 blocks further than where I signaled to get off; I think he was just heading for the next bus stop.

After lunch Laura and I stopped at a Direct TV store and then a Une store.  We weren’t there long so maybe all she did is get some phone numbers.  At the internet café I called Citibank and found the correct card to use.  (It cost me 3,000 pesos for the call.)  I stopped at Citibank ATM and did an account balance verification for which I was charged 4,460 pesos.

Laura left about 5pm and it started raining just before 6pm – first time while we’ve been in the Envigado apartment.

Teresa had leftover chicken for dinner while I took my umbrella and headed to Carbón de Leña.  Tonight I had only a hamburger (sans fries) and a Mr. Tea because I’ve been putting on a few pounds.  I used this opportunity to login to my bank and verify my checking account balance.

I think we’re finally going to look at refrigerators tomorrow.

T-shirt of the day: Tonight is bottom’s up.

No comments:

Post a Comment