Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Monday, May 30th, 2016



Happy Memorial Day!  It’s a holiday here also but I have no idea what they are celebrating or commemorating. 

Teresa asked me to look online for a Parque El Salado in Envigado.  I found it even though she spelled it incorrectly and all as one word.  It looks like a small version of Parque Arvi and we’ll have to check it out after the rainy season ends.

Teresa wanted to go to Santafe CC to buy jeans so about 12:30 we walked to downtown Envigado and caught a bus to the mall.  Because of the light traffic we got off the bus 7 minutes later.

Teresa and Laura shopped at Zara and Forever 21 and I stopped in a store looking for a shower caddy for the bathroom.  (It only has one small soap dish so everything else has to go on the floor.)  I didn’t find it but I remember seeing one somewhere.

At 1:45 it started raining so hard that the sound of it beating against the roof was almost deafening from where I was sitting on the 4th floor.

I stopped in iShop where they had the new iPhone SE on display.  The advertisement has it priced at 1,699,000 (about $550) for the 16GB model and 2,129,000 (about $700) for the 64GB model.  They showed some monthly payment plans, for example, for 12 months it’s 141,583 (about $45) for the 16GB model and 177,416 (about $60) for the 64GB model.  I used the iPhone to do the math and there is no extra interest on the monthly payment plans so that is probably why they are sold out.  That’s still quite a premium over the $400 price that Apple reported when it was announced.
Andres, the guy who works there that speaks English, informed me that they are sold out and he doesn’t know when they will get more in.

We had lunch at J&C Delicias.  I didn’t really feel hungry but I had no trouble putting away a small order of lasagna Bolognese.  

Teresa received a phone call from the lady renting the finca and I understood Tony killed one of her 2 cats but she's still in love with the finca.

We stopped in Falabella and I saw they were also selling the iPhone SE but their payment plan was a little more expensive than what I had just seen at the iStore.

It stopped raining hard by 2:30 but was still misting by the time we left about 90 minutes later so we took a taxi back to the apt – because there were 3 of us it only cost $1 more than taking a bus.

By the way, Teresa didn’t find her jeans.

When we got back to the apt we found that the storm had apparently knocked out our Direct TV.  I checked my thermometer and it was down to 72 degrees in my “computer room”; that’s the lowest I’ve seen so far in Envigado.

It got very cool in the apt and I put on my light warmup suit which helped a lot.

T-shirt of the day: I’m not a model but I look like one.

4 comments: