Friday, May 27, 2016

Thursday, May 26th, 2016 – Moving Day #6



I’m pretty sure we had a little rain overnight.

We haven’t been using the sink in the master bathroom because it leaks and now there is a small leak in the guest bathroom.  Teresa put a small bowl under it in the cabinet.

We left the apartment at 12:15 with those corner protector things for the refrigerator.  We met Wilson on the way to his store.  We all walked to the garage restaurant.  I understand its name is Mary Lou.  The garage itself was nearly full but we walked into what looked like a living room and dining room where there were a dozen more tables.

We sat down and had their special of the day.  I think this was Wilson’s first time there.  

We took a taxi to the highway, said goodbye to Laura and after a 20 minute wait were on a bus to the finca.  Walking past the G-dogs I realized I’d left the dog biscuits back at the apt.  Sorry, guys.

Leonardo was putting down concrete on the sideroad rocks while Andres was painting the outside of the finca.  I gave 200mil to Leonardo and 50mil to Andres.

We packed up a lot more stuff and burned some old papers out back.  I played with Peter a while; I rolled rocks down the hill and he barked and attacked them.  The truck arrived about 4:30, we spent almost 2 hours carrying stuff up the hill and packing it in the truck.

I asked Teresa where Luna was and Teresa said she’s gone.  Then Andres put a rope around Peter and led them away.

We got everything carried up to the apt by 7:30.  I gave 40 mil to the guy who helped us carry things.  I understand they then were going down to Bocados Bar to drop off the refrigerator.

Finally we’ve got everything moved in.  I understand we have to finish the sideroad work, fix the roof and then a family is ready to move in for 500,000 pesos monthly rent.

T-shirt of the day: The sarcasm is strong with this one. (on a t-shirt with scrolling words like in Star Wars.)

No comments:

Post a Comment