Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Tuesday, May 31st, 2016



I slept well last night.  Still not feeling hungry I just had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast.

About 10:30 I left the apt and walked in the general direction of the metro.   I stopped at a small hardware store where I had 2 copies (1 for Teresa and 1 for Laura) made of the 3 apartment keys.  I also bought a couple inexpensive keychains for them.  It took about 30 minutes for everything and the total came to 16,100 pesos (about $5).

I continued on to the metro, used my one metro card that had one fare on it, and got off 3 stops later at the Poblado station.  I took the pedestrian walkway over one road, walked downstairs and took the tunnel under the 2nd road, and after crossing a 3rd road I was in Monterrey CC.  I went right upstairs to the Omega Store that I’ve used several times before.   Unfortunately, today there wasn’t anyone who spoke English but I showed a man my existing surge protector (which only has a 1 foot cord) and the words in Spanish of what I wanted and he went in back and came out with a couple choices.  The first one was much too fancy (and expensive).  The 2nd one had a 6’ cord that fit my purpose although it is intended for more like a conference room table.  I bought 2 for a total of 190,240 (about $62).  Sounded reasonable.

I left the mall and walked up Calle 10 and stopped at the Empanadisimas (sp?) where I usually have an empanada and soda.  I still didn’t feel hungry but I was warm and thirsty so I just bought a cold bottle of Pepsi for 1,000 pesos (about 30 cents).

When I got up to Parque Poblado it felt so cool inside that it almost felt cold.  That’s what Medellin could use – more trees.

On the other side of the park I saw a Sabaneta bus waiting at the red light.  I asked the driver through the window if he was going close to Parque Envigado.  I was pretty sure this bus did so I wan’t surprised when he confirmed it.  I paid my 2,000 pesos (about 65 cents) and got on.

It was a little stuffy near the front while it was stuck in traffic but soon it got moving and soon someone got off and I got a window seat near the back and I soon felt cooler.

I tried to get off a block earlier than the stop I wanted but again was taken 2 blocks too far.

I was back at the apt by noon.

I connected the TV, router and cable box to one of the surge protectors and my laptop and small fan to the 2nd.

Once again the thermometer shows a temp of only 74 degrees in my computer room.

Teresa cooked some kind of real stinky fish for her and Laura and I just had a salad for lunch.

Laura left about 2pm, I understand she’s going to stop at Wilson’s apartment and get the phone number to call Direct TV to complain about the lost service.

I moved my laptop into the dining room and connected it by HDMI to the TV.  We watched We Are Still Here (5.7) on Netflix and then the ladies watched Sex and the City 2 (4.3).

T-shirt of the day: Let’s enjoy the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment