Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Tuesday, June 14th, 2016



I got up at 8:15 and the water is back on.

Well we didn’t get any rain overnight but the clouds definitely look more numerous and darker.

It rained on and off all afternoon.

After Laura came back from her English lesson we took a taxi to Santafe CC.  I had the driver drop us off at the entrance closest to the ladies shops.  While they were looking to exchange clothes in Babushka (sp?) I went downstairs to the ATM.  There has always been a free standing Citibank ATM but now it’s gone.  I walked to the Bancolombia ATM and the men had just arrived to refill them.  The guard holding the shotgun told me it would take an hour.  He sent me to an ATM in the Jumbo grocery store but when I asked a young girl there she said they don’t have an ATM.  I went to an ATH Banco de Bogota ATM and took out the maximum it allowed – only 300,000 pesos.

I went back to the clothing shop and the ladies weren’t out yet so I went up a couple more levels to Cine Colombia where I bought 3 preferred seating tickets to the 6:30 showing of The Conjuring 2 for 52,500.  Back downstairs I waited and they finally came out at 6pm.  I showed them that I had already bought tickets so they went back inside and looked around for another 20 minutes.

At the theater I bought 3 medium sodas, a bag of nachos for Laura, a bag of what looked like pork rinds for Teresa and a large popcorn for us all for 49,900 pesos (about $17).

The movie was pretty interesting – at one point the evil spirit was whistling “nick nack, paddy wack, give a dog a bone, this old man came rolling home”.  I haven’t heard that in years.

On our taxi ride home we stopped at a red light and a young man in a short sleeved shirt came into the intersection.  He took about a 2’ strip of toilet paper and stuffed it into the fist of his other hand then he opened both of them and showed us both sides and it was gone.  Then he took what looked like a magic marker and it stood up on the back of his hand.

When we got back to the apartment Laura tried to use her key to open the door to the building.  Okay, so it doesn’t work, but why did she take so long to show me?

T-shirt of the day: Let’s fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment