Saturday, June 18, 2016

Friday, June 17th, 2016



Tonight is the Colombia vs Peru match, I think it’s supposed to start at 7pm and I see it’s on 3 channels.

I received an email from MBE that my package has arrived in Medellin.
Laura left about 10 for the health club.  Soon I was changed and ready to go myself.  I was waiting for Teresa to finish getting lunch ready and then we were going to leave.  At 11 she announced that the preparation was taking longer than expected so we will go to the health club tomorrow.  I told her you mean Monday and she replied no, tomorrow.  I showed her the slip of paper that showed at the bottom:
HORARIOS: Lunes a Viernes de 5:00am a 9:00pm.
Sabados y Domingos de 7:00am a 1:00pm.
15% de descuento de 9am a 4pm de lunes a viernes.
She was putting the last 2 sentences together and I was putting the last sentence separate from the other two, especially since on the paper itself to the left of the first two lines are their telephone number and website address.

We agreed that we both liked the table and chairs we saw yesterday until Teresa called and found out that its price is 1,300,000 pesos (about $433) because it was made in Vietnam.

Among the new US movie releases I would like to see Central Intelligence (7.0), Raiders: The Story of the Greatest Fan Film ever Made (7.3), The Last King (6.2), and maybe Swiss Army Man (7.2).

As far as what’s showing locally, I’m having trouble with the local movie websites – both my laptop and iPad show the ticket prices but not the movies playing currently.

I ran www.speedtest.net on my laptop and these are the internet speeds it detected for our wifi network:
9:40am: Ping = 43ms; Download = 5.22 Mbps; Upload = 1.08 Mbps.
12:30pm: Ping = 10ms; Download = 5.13 Mbps; Upload =1.06 Mbps.
10:30pm: Ping = 8ms; Download = 3.45 Mbps; Upload =1.09 Mbps.
5Mbps doesn’t sound very fast for my afternoon football games.  If it appears I have a problem during the August preseason games then I’ll have them bump up the internet speed.

I had Teresa call Dario about when he would be available to play chess.  He told her to call him the day before and he’ll know if he’s available or not.

I left the apt about 3pm and walked to the bus stop a block from Parque Envigado.  I let the first Envigado bus go by because I thought I was supposed to take a Sabaneta bus.  When the 2nd Envigado bus arrived I asked him if he’s going to Parque Poblado and when he said yes, I got on.  The fee was 1,900 pesos and I took a seat in the back near the open windows.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take into the account that the sun was on that side but it still was bearable.  Also, the bus rider had a radio station on that was playing American music but it was too loud because I was sitting right under the speaker.

I got off just before Parque Poblado and stopped at Mail Box Etc.  I received a large package with my TV headphones and a UPS package that I was sure didn’t contain my chess magazine.  (It contained more real estate papers that probably need to be apostilled.  Later I noticed the date on them was from February 25th so maybe these are old papers.)

On the way back I got off the bus a few blocks early only to find out it was actually 6 blocks early.  (I’ll time it better in the future.)  On my walk back I discovered a restaurant that serves hot fresh Belgium waffles for about $3 which includes fruit, maple syrup and ice cream.

While I was making my run to MBE Teresa was getting her nails done so I stopped at the beauty shop and let her know I was back and heading to the apt.

I unpacked my box and saw that the rechargable batteries need to be charged first for 16 hours.  They didn’t make it real clear how you charge the batteries but I think I figured it out.

When Teresa came back she told me the whole country is excited because Colombia is playing in Copa America tonight.

The match started just after 7pm and it was 0-0 at halftime.  After regulation it was still tied 0-0 and Colombia won 4-2 on penalty kicks.  I could immediately hear shouting outside the building followed by car horns honking and fireworks.  So, both the US and Colombia are in the semifinals.

T-shirt of the day: I told my psychiatrist about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment