Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Monday, June 13th, 2016



I received an email that I have a package (?) and documents (Chess Life magazine?) awaiting pickup at MBE in Medellin.  I checked online and it appears my package (TV headset) has been processed in Miami.

Nothing happened during the day.
 
We started watching Manos Sucias (dirty hands) which, for a change, was in Spanish with English subtitles but after about 15 minutes Teresa didn’t like it so we gave up.

We made popcorn and watched Brake (6.1) which had a very interesting ending then we watched Drive (7.8).

Teresa got a call from her friend Ana Maria.  She said she was crying and she wants to borrow 1,500,000 pesos (about $500) from me on July 10th to be paid back 10 days later with 100,000 pesos in interest.  I told Teresa I don’t care about the interest I’m worried about getting the principal back.  I told her I can’t be lending money to every friend or relative who needs cash.  I’m not a bank.  She seemed to respect my opinion.  (200,000 pesos is one thing, 1,500,000 pesos is another.)

At 9:45 Teresa went to wash the dishes and found we don’t have any running water.

Just as we were going to bed Teresa said it’s going to rain tonight; I wonder how she knows.

T-shirt of the day: #1 Rule is you gotta have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment