Thursday, June 30, 2016

Wednesday, June 29th, 2016



I got up early having slept through the night.  I went to the tienda to buy bananas for our breakfast cereal but they don’t sell any fruit.  Teresa sent me to another small store but they weren’t open.  Back at the tienda I bought a bag of milk for 2,200 pesos.

I left the apt at 1pm.  It was a 15 minute walk to the metro.  I made a slight side trip to the tourist office – it was 1:05pm and it was still closed.  At the metro I gave the cashier 25,000 pesos and asked for 10 rides which he put on a metro card.  He gave me back 3,500 pesos so that means they cost me 21,500 pesos or 2,150 pesos per ride.  The 10 metro stops took 20 minutes.  The walk to Dario’s office was less than 15 minutes.  On the way I recognized the clinic that “she who shall remain nameless” used when her son broke his arm in a motorcycle accident.  I stopped and bought a bottle of water which was cool but not as cold as I like.

Dario won the white pieces to start again and we played 3 close games and I won them all.  We finished at 4:30.  I asked Dario what the temperature is here and he said about 30 degrees – that’s about 86 Fahrenheit and that was outside his stuffy office.

I told Dario I would call him on Monday to see what his availability is for next week.  I kept the water bottle – I’m going to use it in the coming visits.  I’ll probably fill it with water and put it in the freezer and it should be still cold by the time I get to Dario’s shop.

Walking across the street I noticed there is a bicycle lane right in the middle of the street – sort of a 3rd lane.

I stopped and checked out the Aventura CC (mall).  It had 3 life sized Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle statues but otherwise there wasn’t anything special about it.

I walked to the train just as a Naranja (orange) train was leaving.  I asked a policeman if that train stops at Envigado and as I thought he said yes.  I asked if the Verde (green) trains stop at Envigado, he thought a second, and said no.  I asked if there are any other color trains and he said no.  The next train was a Verde and the one after that was Naranja so I got on.  It was like a cattle car but I found a spot where I could stand under a fan that occasionally worked.

I noticed we only had 7 stops on the way back so we must have skipped 3 stations.

I got off at the Envigado station and walked back to the apt.

By the time I got back I was overheated and took another shower.

Tomorrow Teresa wants to go to Santafé again to work on her tan.

T-shirt of the day: Crook.

No comments:

Post a Comment