Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Tuesday, June 21st, 2016



Happy belated Summer Solstice (1st day of summer)!

I received an email from Barnes & Noble that soon I’ll be receiving an electronic credit because of some class action settlement with Apple.   Sounds good to me!

I received an email from Yahoo that someone in Russia tried to access my email account.  If they’re only guessing they will never figure out my password.

I left the apt at 12:30 and first stopped at the Tourism office outside the library.  Of course they were closed from noon to 1pm.  I stopped at the little hardware store and the lady redid the one building key that doesn’t work.

I walked to the metro and got off 10 stops north at estacion Hospital.  I knew the building must be close by but I took a taxi to find out exactly where it was.  I think the taxi driver didn’t know his way around because I could read the streets better than he.  After circling around we finally got to the correct building – I spotted the correct address, he was still looking but it only cost me 5,000 pesos.  

Dario has an auto parts store – per Colombian tradition there’s another one right across the street.

We played 3 games and the one with the white pieces won all 3 games which is my sly way of saying that he won 2 games and I only won 1.  I’m going to have to go back to my studies with Chess Magnet School.  That’s when I won 10 games in a row against him.

I told him I would call him next week about playing again.  I asked him how to get back to the metro and he said to go 1 block north and 3 blocks east.  I walked through an ESSO service station and in the first block I saw a mall – Aventura C.C.  One of these days I’ll take the time to explore it a bit.  The metro station turned out to be 1 block north and 1 LONG block east.  I took notes so I’ll be able to walk back to his business in the future without the need for a taxi.  It’s actually probably 1 hour door to door; next time I won’t leave the apt so early.

When I arrived back at Envigado I stopped at Exito and picked up butter (actually it’s margarine – I think butter is seldom used here), mayonnaise, and a package of nacho chips (for tonight’s game).

I tried the new key to enter the apt building but it still didn’t work.

At 7pm I showed Teresa how to make BLTs.  I had picked up some good white bread the other day and I toasted it a little.  I made sure she and Laura had a bite and they both liked it so much Teresa made another for herself.
I told her as soon as we buy some cheddar cheese I would show her how to make bacon and egg, grilled cheese sandwiches.

I searched my son’s Slingbox TV directory and found the US vs Argentina match on 6 channels.  I checked them all and found one in English (channel 408).  Argentina is a VERY good team so it will be interesting to see how the US does against them.  Look for Lionel Messi to have a good game.
It looks like the match starts at 8pm so I’m going to connect my laptop to the TV and watch it on the big screen.

Well, at the half it’s Argentina 2, US 0.  I’m getting a good picture even though I’m watching the match in full screen.  The only problem I had watching the match was the final score – Argentina 4, US 0.  Not unexpected as I believe Argentina is ranked #1 in the world.  And Lionel Messi scored 1 goal and had 1 assist.

T-shirt of the day: Not today!

No comments:

Post a Comment