Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Tuesday, June 28th, 2016



This morning I was awakened at 7am by the garbage truck.

At 10am I walked to the bakery where I found Chuck.  We talked for about 90 minutes, then we had to give up our table for people coming for lunch.   Among the things I learned: he has a Colombian wife, he loved the Colombia town of Manizales – he said it was like a mini city in itself and cooler (temperature) than Medellin but very hilly.  He mentioned a school in Envigado called Colombia Immersion where I might be able to rent out my extra bedroom for about $100 a week to a foreigner attending the school.
Teresa stopped by on her way back from the health club and she talked to Chuck for awhile.  I could tell his Spanish is better than mine.  I paid the bakery 5,000 pesos for my 2 cafe con leches, my 2 pastries, and his 2 tintos.  Less than $2 - what a country!

He basically spends 6 months in his house in Envigado and 6 months in his house in New Orleans.

I called Social Security and learned I can keep my current SS amount OR (exclusive or) I can have 50% of the amount my ex-wife receives.  I’ll be keeping what I have.

I went to the park and right away a man I’ve played before challenged me.  I won 3 straight games, then lost 1, tied 1, and lost another.  His openings are very conservative and I think I get overly aggressive.  I should be sure to castle before starting any aggressiveness of my own.

T-shirt of the day: I’m over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment