Friday, June 24, 2016

Thursday, June 23rd, 2016



I understand the Colombian government and FARC signed an agreement today to end the hostilities.

I finished Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss.  If you want to know who you can trust on this issue without having to read the book, google the Center for Science in the Public Interest.  CSPI is the nation’s leading advocacy organization focused on nutrition, food safety, and health.  We represent the interests of consumers like you and work to bring solutions to problems in our food system to the attention of government, industry, and the public.  We helped pass the laws that put Nutrition Facts on packaged foods, defined organic standards, reformed food safety at the Food and Drug Administration, and got junk food out of schools.

I downloaded Nelson DeMille’s By the Rivers of Babylon.

I received an email from Barnes & Noble informing me I have an electronic credit of $14.78 to use towards purchasing books.

I stopped at the pharmacy but the salesman said they still don’t have the sleeping pills.  He gave me a magnet with their phone number and I understand he wants me to call to have it delivered.

At the park I played 2 games of chess: a close game I ended up losing and a not so close game against a different man that I ended up winning pretty easily.

I stopped at another pharmacy on my way back to the apt and paid 73,700 for a box of sleeping pills where the most I’ve paid in the past at Todo Drogas is 68,500.

When I got back to the apt Teresa got off the phone and told me a friend’s daughter is getting married to an Australian man in Parque Lleras today.  She invited the friend over for lunch tomorrow so I understand she won’t be going to the health club.

I see those annoying Microsoft “Free upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10” popups are supposed to stop on July 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment