Thursday, June 9, 2016

Wednesday, June 8th, 2016



I may have gotten to bed too late for the pills I took as I was still awake at 1:30 so I got up.  I read a little, took another sleeping pill and went back to bed at 2:30 and finally fell asleep right away.

I checked my Amazon order from June 4th and it hasn’t even shipped yet although they’re still predicting delivery this Friday.

Today turned out to be a nice day with lots of clouds and a slight breeze.
We left the apt at 12:30, took a bus to the metro and the metro to Estacion Floresta.  We walked 5 blocks to The New Town barbershop where I got another fleecing for 16mil.

We walked across the street and visited with her friends Beatriz and Maria.  Teresa bought some face cream for 50mil.  While there Maria got a phone call and all I understood was “metro” and “bomb”.  She called someone else who confirmed that there was just a demonstration at the University of Antioquia.  Laura called and reported that she talked to her grandmother and she saw the doctor and he said she is doing much better.

Two hours later we left and took a taxi to T&T Technology near Calle 44 and Avenida 80 where I bought a new Blu Jenny phone for 110mil.
We walked down to Viva Laureles where we each had the sweet & sour chicken at Sarku’s.  I didn’t care for the chicken too much – it tasted like it had soaked in the sauce too long.

We took a bus to Aguacatala station, the metro to Envigado and walked back to the apt.

Laura informed me that I’m invited to her school tomorrow night at 6pm for food, drink, and talking to students.

T-shirt of the day: Big city lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment