Friday, June 3, 2016

Thursday, June 2nd, 2016



Today was another overcast day – yay!

We still don’t have Direct TV.

I had an email from my chess playing friend from Laureles – Dario.  He gave me his phone number and asked me to call him.  I gave him my cell phone number and replied that I would call him after I add more minutes to my phone.  We’ll see what happens – at least now I have his cell phone number.

My cold is much better; it may even be gone now.

I walked to the pharmacy where I bought this month’s supply of my prostate medication and sleeping pills.

We left the finca at noon for Teresa’s 2pm hair appointment.  We paid 9mil for a taxi and arrived at La Visitacion CC by 12:45.  Teresa was very hungry and she ordered the ajiaco from restaurant La Hacienda while I ordered a FriSnack from Frisby.  I finished my food before she even got hers.  She did help me to eat mine while waiting, however.

On TV, besides commercials, all I saw for the first hour was coverage about tomorrow’s America Cup match between Colombia and the US.  They mentioned there are 50,000 Colombians there for the match.  Strangely, they mentioned that it starts at 6pm – I think that’s probably when the RCN channel coverage starts.  If we don’t have Direct TV fixed by tomorrow I told Teresa I want to go out somewhere to watch the match.  Or maybe I can catch it on my slingbox.

While Teresa was having her hair done across the street I sat in the mall and read my Nook and worked on a crossword puzzle.

She was finished about 2 ½ hours later and I paid 115,000 pesos (about $37) for her hair style.

We walked over to Zona Dos where Teresa wanted to look at some clothes.  I was surprised to see a Krispy Kreme store there.  I told her to meet me there when she was finished looking at clothes.  It appears that the store is sharing space with El Corral (a hamburger fast food restaurant).  They must have had hundreds of donuts waiting for customers but I noticed there is no room for the typical factory so they probably make them at the Avenida Poblado location and then ship them here.  I ordered a large American coffee, a sugar donut and a New York cheesecake donut for 10mil (about $3).  What a deal – one donut in the States would probably cost $2 to $3.  I picked up a stir and a packet of sugar but didn’t see any creamer.  I guess to them that would have been a café con leche. They weren’t hot like they were just made but they were fresh.  

Teresa joined me a couple minutes later and informed me that all the clothes she saw were ugly and expensive.

She got in line and bought herself a cup of milk and a donut with some type of berry filling.  I asked her to have them add some cream to my coffee and she came back with what looked like a café con leche.  Sigh!

When we returned to the apt Teresa talked to someone at Direct TV.  At their direction she fooled around with the TV controls for a few minutes but nothing really changed.  She said they will charge us 50,000 pesos if they have to come out to fix our problem but Teresa talked to Wilson who has a friend that will come out for 10,000 pesos.

I called Dario but he said he was busy and asked me to call him tomorrow morning.

I finished Nelson DeMille’s book The Charm School and downloaded his The General’s Daughter.

T-shirt of the day: Give me a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment