Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Tuesday, June 7th, 2016



I went to bed about 11pm last night but after I couldn’t get to sleep I got up about 12:30, read some from my Nook and went back to bed about 3am.

I got up at 8am and Teresa sent me to Exito to pick up some necessities – eggs, arepas, and milk.  It was a very overcast and occasionally misty morning so I took my small umbrella with me.

About 10:30 it started raining lightly.

I took a nap from about 11 to 12:15.

I have an old padlock that I haven’t used for a few years and of course I no longer remember the combination so I’ve been emailing MasterLock to send it to me.

Wilson stopped by with a plastic bag filled with clothes.

I sent an email to Skil corp. asking if there is someway I could get English instructions for the Spanish manual for my new drill.  It was made in Mexico so I don’t know if that’s possible.

We’ve been finding a few of those small lizards that I used to find in my apartment in Laureles.

I received an email from Master Lock – and on their 2nd try – they gave me the correct combination.

About 5:30 we ordered a large pizza from a place called People Pizza – Laura’s suggestion.  They said it would arrive in about an hour.

At 6pm the guys arrived to hang pictures.  They used some of the same holes I had partially drilled but then they pounded in nails.

The pizza arrived at 6:25 for 34,000 pesos but Teresa wanted us to wait until the guys left before digging in.

They hung the pictures, I paid them 15mil and they left at 7:30.  We microwaved the pizza, ate half of it and refrigerated the rest.  The pizza looks like a huge mass of cheese; not exactly what I was expecting but it was ok and they loved it.

I watched Casablanca (8.6) from my hard drive.  Even though it’s in black & white I’m amazed the picture quality is so good. 

At 10:45 I heard a lot of fire crackers go off; I guess Colombia won another America’s Cup match tonight.  I took my sleeping pills.

At 11:15 Laura turned on the end of the Colombia match which I watched to the end at 11:30.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can generate dollars by locking special areas of your blog / site?
    All you need to do is to join AdscendMedia and use their Content Locking plugin.

    ReplyDelete