Monday, June 13, 2016

Sunday, June 12th, 2016



Today’s a clear sunny day; it will be interesting to see how hot it gets.

I put on my gringo outfit – shorts, sandals, t-shirt, sunglasses - and left the apt about 11:30 for Parque Envigado.  I noticed other men wearing shorts and/or sandals/flip flops, probably because it’s Sunday.  I quickly found a couple opponents but they weren’t very strong and I won 3 games against them.  My next 2 opponents were more about my strength and I lost one and won two.  While there a pigeon pooped on a corner of my sandal.

I got back to the apt at 2pm.  Later I saw I had a little sunburn on my neck, my arms and my thighs.  Next time I’ll have to stay out for a little less time, wear SPF cream or at least wear my wide brimmed hat.

I made waffles for dinner and then we went to 7pm mass at a nearby small church.  They don’t have an organ or a choir so they just use taped music.  After the first musical section ended the priest didn’t come out for 5 minutes while we all sat there.  

When we got back to the apt we watched Not Safe for Work (5.8).

T-shirt of the day: Fashion is my addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment