Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Monday, June 20th, 2016



Well, the fireworks were still intermittent last night when I went to bed at 11:15.  I woke up once about 3am and heard them again – not sure if that’s what woke me up.

I received a Happy Fathers Day email from my son with the news that he’s coming for a visit at the end of August.  He also has a couple friends arriving a few days later.

Well, today I got my introduction to the health club.  We left the apt just before 11am.  At the club we gave them our cedula numbers, they took a fingerprint and we signed a form.  Once inside first I used the treadmill for 20 minutes then I followed Teresa around as she used various machines.  An hour and 10 minutes later I was exhausted.  I weighed myself and I’m currently 78kg (or 172# to you non-metric folks).  If I remember correctly this is what I weighed when I left my desk job back in 2008.  I joined the health club and 6 months later I was down 10#.  Teresa wanted to talk to someone so I told her I would meet her back at the apt.

She says she wants to return every day but I think that’s a mistake because it doesn’t give your muscles time to recuperate unless you’re going to concentrate on different muscle groups.  I plan to go on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Teresa sent me to Exito to pick up eggs, milk, laundry detergent, toothpaste (Colgate), and arepas.  While there I also picked up Sensodyne toothpaste and bacon.

When I got back I found we didn’t have any mayonnaise so I won’t be able to make BLTs.

I had Teresa call Dario and we made plans to meet at his store tomorrow at 2pm and we can play chess for 2 hours.

T-shirt of the day: Pizza is cheaper than therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment