Saturday, February 15, 2020

Friday, February 14, 2020


I woke up at 5:30, Teresa got up at 5:55 to hit the beach and I got up at 7:50.  The shower was interesting as it was difficult to figure out what direction to turn the handle to get hot water and in the meantime you can’t step out of the water.  The electricity went out very briefly a couple times.


I found Jim and Joan at a table next to the pool and Teresa was still at the beach.  She returned at 8:45 and we all had breakfast at the other end of the pool.


The hotel staff set up a makeshift cabana on the beach for us to use.  We could see what looked like an oil rig and tankers in the distance.  I dipped in the sea (Caribbean) a few times but Teresa spent most of the day there only emerging at 5:30.


My osteoarthritis was acting up making my back quite sore and I got a little burned on my front.


We had been reading about ELN activity and hearing about Colombians not venturing out of their homes this weekend so we had dinner in again tonight instead of our original plan to go into town.

No comments:

Post a Comment