Thursday, February 27, 2020

Wednesday, February 26, 2020


Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, got up 2-3 during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30am.


We left the apt at 10am for Teresa’s 11am doctor’s appointment with Dr. Sierra, a plastic surgeon.  We arrived at 10:30 and after waiting an hour she told me I could go for coffee.  In El Tesoro I noticed they opened a new wing with an H&M store.  First I printed a copy of my notebook purchase receipt for my files.  In Starbucks I had a cafĂ© mocha blanco and waited for Teresa’s call.  When she called I returned to the doctor’s office and we took a taxi back to the apt.  She told me in the future she’s going to have some additional fat added to her reconstructed breast to even out the size with the other.


I left the apt at 2pm and met Juan Castro at Parva at 2:15.  For the first hour he helped me with my new notebook computer.  I learned:


He was okay with the programs I uninstalled; he confirmed that with OneDrive my files are still on my laptop but with Google Drive I could move them to the cloud; he showed me how to search for file names; if I want to add another hard drive to my laptop it wouldn’t be expensive and he recommended a store named Sucom on the 2nd floor of the Monterrey mall (local 296? 269?); for internet searches in English I should first go to Google US; for internet browsers he prefers Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera; to save HD space I could move my photos to my external hard drive; my notebook system is sufficiently to meet the minimum requirements of ChessBase.


Then we had a regular a 2-hour Spanish lesson.


I tried moving my photos to my external hard drive but I am told, mistakenly, there isn’t enough space.  Sigh!


5,050 steps today.


Joke of the day

Hilarious responses to public notices:

Public notice: Sorry, we are closed due to short staff. 

Response: Hire taller staff because I need a taco!

2 comments:

  1. Terry, you seem to be sleeping better. I hope you are falling back to sleep quickly when do do awaken during the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am thank you, unless its like 6-7am in the morning when I should probably be getting up anyway.

    ReplyDelete