Sunday, February 2, 2020

Saturday, February 1, 2020


Last night I took a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10:30pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up once at 4:30, finally getting up at 5am.

Jim and I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to Carbon de Lena where we had calentao with scrambled eggs for 9,200 pesos each.

We walked to Todo Drogas where I picked up my medications for the month.

At Bancolombia we only had a 2-minute wait for a cashier and we easily withdrew my cash using World Remit and I paid my first of the month bills.

We took a bus back to the apt where we changed clothes and took a bus to Mayorca mall.

We met Teresa at Puro Cuero and after some discussion they promised to build another table without the horizontal bars and with the extra trim by the legs.  Since they were redoing it we ordered it in a little darker wood.

I walked Jim to the metro then Teresa I had lunch at J&C Delicias.  A problem arose when it came time to pay the bill.  As usual I used my debit card and told them I wanted to be charged in pesos but the receipt was in dollars.  They showed me where it says pesos on the receipt and I showed them where it says dollars and the extra 3.5% charge for the conversion.  It took some time but they finally cancelled the dollars and rebilled it in pesos.

We took a taxi back to the apt.

I left the apt at 2:30 and met Juan Carlos at the Otra Parte library.  It was very hot inside as there was no A/C.  I was in shorts and sleeveless t-shirt but next time I’ll wear sandals instead of socks with gym shoes.

After the lesson I walked to Parva where I sat under one of their ceiling fans while I drank a cold mango juice.

Jim joined me about 30 minutes later.  He had some of his own challenges.  Months ago I bought him a ticket to a beer festival at Jardin de Botanico but when he arrived there was nothing going on.  After some searching he finally found it had been moved to Ciudad del Rio.  We moved next door to Na Pizza where he had a mojito.

We were both very hot and tired and I returned to the apt while he stopped at a new restaurant for a beer.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

12,421 steps today.

Joke of the day
A wife arriving home from a shopping trip was horrified to find her husband in bed with a lovely young woman. She screamed at him: "You're a pig! A pig with no honor! How dare you do this to me! I'm your faithful wife!" She was about to storm off, when her husband stopped her with these words: "Wait a minute, let me at least explain what happened!"
"Fine!" sobbed the angry wife, "but they will be your LAST words to me!"
"Well, while I was driving along the highway, I saw this young girl here, looking tired and haggard. I felt sorry for her, so I brought her home. She was hungry, so I made her a meal from the roast beef you thought was too fattening.
Her sandals were torn so I gave her a pair of good shoes you had discarded because they had gone out of style.
She was cold, so I gave her the sweater I got you for your birthday that you don't wear because the colors don't suit you.
Her slacks were worn out, so I gave her a pair of yours that you liked before your sister bought the same pair.
Then, as she was about to leave the house, she turned to me and said pleadingly, "Please, is there anything ELSE your wife doesn't use anymore?"

No comments:

Post a Comment