Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Monday, February 24, 2020


Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30am when Teresa got up noisily. 


My back was feeling normal by the time I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the gym.  I had just completed the first rep on the Seated Row when my right wrist started bothering me (arthritis).  I skipped the rest of those reps and went on to the Treadmill.  For my last exercise, the Biceps Curl, both machines were in use so after waiting 5-10 minutes I just left.


About 4pm we were in a taxi to Pricesmart.  While stopped at the light at McDonald’s the driver informed us there were more demonstrations on Avenida Las Vegas.  (I was pretty sure they were on the other side of EAFIT but I guess we decided not to take any chances.)  We had the driver drop us off at Viva Envigado.  Teresa asked me if there were any good movies playing.  I checked my app but didn’t see anything starting soon.  We had coffee at Juan Valdez where we shared a chocolate donut then Teresa did a little shopping.  She found a top for the gym at ProChampions for 89,900.  We ran into Jose Avandaño from the gym; he has seen 7 movies this year and I only 6.  I was planning on taking a taxi back to the apt because I didn’t want to sweat in my jeans.  We made a trip to the restroom and while waiting for her to return I checked my Cine Colombia app and saw that Dark Waters (7.6) was starting in 20 minutes at 6:15.


While waiting in a short line to buy tickets we ran into a couple of ladies from the park Smartfit.  I added 50mil to my account and bought 2 Preferencial tickets for 21,200 each.  In the Platinum room we ordered a hot dog to share, a small popcorn and small sodas for each of us.  I should have added more than 50mil because I came up about 7mil short which I paid in cash.


We had the nice reclining seats for the 2 hour and 6 minute movie which we both enjoyed.  I thought I heard a peal of thunder at one point and when we walked back to the apt it was obvious they had a short shower.


9,295 steps today.


Joke of the day

Hilarious responses to public notices:

Public notice: Don’t like the restroom locked?  Thank the guys who throw paper towels in the toilet.

Response: Don’t like people peeing on the floor?  Thank the person who locked the restroom door.

No comments:

Post a Comment