Saturday, February 22, 2020

Friday, February 21, 2020


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, quickly fell back asleep and finally woke/got up at 7am.


There was something on TV about a controversy over Uber.

Also, 21.8% of the air contamination comes from buses.


Opening today in the US is The Call of the Wild (6.7) which we might see tomorrow.  Teresa asked if its playing later anywhere and I checked and its playing at Viva at 7:15.


A thunderstorm came through about 3pm but the rain ended completely by just after 4pm.


I’m reviewing the 485 page ChessBase manual trying to figure out how to copy the database games from my old computer using Shredder to my new notebook using ChessBase.


I reminded Teresa that we should leave by 6:30 to catch the movie on time.  She replied, “tonight?”  I said “yes, you know how difficult it is to get tickets on Saturday night”.


About 6:15 I put a bottle of root beer in my tech bag and we walked to the mall.  I exchanged my 2019 Platinum card for a 2020 version and they gifted me a notebook, a new popcorn bucket and free platinum tickets and snacks for my birthday month but they didn’t transfer 8mil that I had remaining on my old platinum card.  I bought 2 premium tickets for the 7:15 showing of The Call of the Wild (6.9) for 12,700 each.  In the Platinum room Teresa ordered chicken nuggets and a chicken sandwich to share.  We also ordered sodas and a refill of our new popcorn bucket.  The movie was like a Walt Disney production with lots of CGI.


The movie ended by 9:10 and we walked back to the apt.  We stopped in Exito on our way back and picked up 2 bags of milk and we had to wait in a long line.


At 10:30 it started raining lightly and there were still drops at 11pm when we went to bed.


7,850 steps today.


Joke of the day

Hilarious responses to public notices:

Public notice: To the individual who stole the bike previously here…if you have a shred of decency you will return it with a new lock and reevaluate your life choices.

Response: Hey bozo, it’s illegal to lock your bike to a handicap pole.  Check with the city for your bike. They probably removed it so it would not block a wheelchair accessible van.

No comments:

Post a Comment