Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Monday, February 17, 2020


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once about 5am, finally fell back asleep and woke/got up at 7am.


I walked to the mall and recycled a couple pill bottles and printed an information page about my new Chessbase software.


I walked to the metro and chatted briefly with Herman at his stand.  I arrived at the La Estrella station by 10:30.


Across the street I met my brother and we were soon on a Lomitas bus up into the hills of Sabaneta.  (Buses might come every 10 minutes or so.)


On our way back down we stopped at a side street and walked 10 minutes uphill to Hotel La Extramadura; my it has grown.  We stopped in one of their beautiful and impressive restaurant/banquet halls where I had a Cesar salad and a piƱa colada (without alcohol).  My bill came to about 35mil.


We took a bus back and we were dropped off at the Mayorca mall.

Jim returned to the hotel and I stopped in Todo Fresa in the mall where I had a strawberry slushee.


I was back at the apt by 2:30.


I cancelled my Amazon Prime free trial membership.  I had watched a few things but it seemed like their library wasn’t very large and most movies required paying an extra fee to watch it.


I took a little nap from 5pm to 6:30.


I bought a membership to MS Office 365 Personal for the extra Terabyte of OneDrive space for $6.99 a month.  Now I just have to figure out how OneDrive works.


I started going through a Youtube lesson on OneDrive and I’m starting to get a better idea of how it works but it’s still a little bit of a struggle to figure out how to get to my files.


10,800 steps today.


Joke of the day

A farmer walked into a bar and saw the local tractor salesman sitting there, head hung low, obviously upset, drowning his sorrows in his beer.

"What's up, John?" asked the farmer. "Gosh Bob, I'll tell you what ... if I don't sell a tractor soon, I'm gonna have to close my shop."

"Now John, things could be worse," said Bob.

"How do you figure?" asked John.

"Well, John - you know my 'ornery cow, Bessie? I went to milk her this morning and she just kept flicking her tail in my face.

So I grabbed a piece of rope and tied it up to the rafter.

Then, the nasty thing went and kicked the bucket away!

So I tied her leg to the wall. Then she kicked my stool right out from underneath me!

But I was out of rope. So I took my belt off and used it to tie her other leg to the other side of the stall.

Well wouldn't you just know it...my damn pants fell down."

"And John, if you can convince my wife that I was in there to MILK that cow, I'll buy a tractor from you."

3 comments:

  1. If you want to talk about your sleep troubles it's okay. - 'amo a Medellin' - I told you when Kathy and I were there that I read your blog every night, and get a little taste of Medellin. Then, I go to bed with beautiful memories renewed, no pills and I sleep very well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for your remarks on Amazon Prime's movie inventory Terry, and especially that many of the films they offer for streaming actually aren't free but have charges.
    That's good to be aware of and confirms pretty much what I've suspected all along, and that's that Amazon Prime is more expensive than it's really worth.
    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete