Friday, February 21, 2020

Thursday, February 20, 2020


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, quickly fell back asleep and finally woke/got up at 8am.


I left the apt at 9:25 and walked to the copy center where I printed a photo of the downloads on my notebook.

I was back by 10am so I could watch some of the Today show.

I took a nap from 12:15 to 1:30.

My notebook battery died so I had to recharge it. Still 3,011 files left to upload to OneDrive.

What, Uber is back!?  Someone reported on Facebook that it has returned to Colombia as a Car Rental company, whatever that means.


We left the apt about 3pm and walked 2 blocks to the Mercado Madrid grocery store.  Our first time there, it’s a lot smaller than our usual Euro but a lot closer.  I didn’t find our usual brand of eggs which probably means I’ll have to tote them from the mall Exito.  I also didn’t find my Hunt’s BBQ sauce but luckily I’m not quite out as yet.


At checkout they made the mistake of charging it to dollars for a total of $139.48.  They nicely and patiently backed out the charge and changed it to pesos which equated to $132.55 saving us about $7.


A young man pushed a cart filled with our groceries up the hill to our apt and I tipped him 10mil.  It started raining just as we returned to the apt, first rain in weeks, but it only lasted about 15 minutes.


With some difficulty I finally logged into Claro Video and for 9,600 pesos rented Yesterday for the next 48 hours.


5,193 steps today.


Joke of the day

A guy with a black eye boards his plane and sits down in his seat.  He notices immediately that the guy next to him has a black eye too.

He says to him, "Hey this is a coincidence, we both have black eyes. Mind if I ask how you got yours?"

The other guy says, "Well, it just happened. It was a tongue twister accident. See, I was at the ticket counter and this gorgeous blonde with the most massive breasts in the world was there. So, instead of saying, 'I'd like two tickets to Pittsburgh', I accidentally said, 'I'd like two pickets to Tittsburgh'. So she socked me a good one."

The first guy replied, "Wow! This is unbelievable. Mine was a tongue twister too. I was at the breakfast table this morning and I wanted to say to my wife, 'Please pour me a bowl of Frosties, honey.'  But I accidentally said, 'You ruined my life you fat, evil hag'."

5 comments:

  1. IAW my email from Uber, it is to be a car rental with driver service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IAW? And how is that different than their previous service?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how is "a car rental with driver service" different than what they were before, or is that the same thing?

      Delete
  3. I'll refer that to Uber and the courts

    ReplyDelete