Monday, February 24, 2020

Sunday, February 23, 2020


Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, got up about 5:15 when I heard a notification on my cell phone, quickly fell back asleep and finally woke/got up just before 7am.  I took an advil to see if that would help loosen up my back.  (I don’t think it helped.)


I understand the dining room table will be delivered today.  Strange, it being delivered on a Sunday, but what do I know?


Teresa asked me to meet her at Mayorca later as she had a blouse to exchange.  (It seems she’s always exchanging something.)


I left the apt at 8am and walked up to Avenida Poblado.  It was a 10 minute wait for a bus and because there was no traffic the driver drove like a bat out of hell.  At one point we hit a pothole or speed bump that lifted us all about 6 inches out of our seats.  That certainly didn’t feel good for my back.  (At some point as I get feebler I’m going to have to give up buses.)


I got off at Calle 7 and walked up the hill arriving at Ganso & Castor at 8:30 and Glenn and James were already there.  I ordered their granola with Greek yogurt but it came without acai berries so obviously I didn’t order it correctly.


At 10am we moved to Pergamino #1 on Carrera 37 where I had another cafĂ© con leche with an almond croissant but I didn’t finish it.


I called Teresa but got her voice mail.


About 11:30 we shared a Didi car and I got off at Mayorca mall.  I walked up to the Nike store which is where I thought she would most likely be.  I called her again but got her voice mail.


I sat down outside the store and called her again 15 minutes later and she finally answered.  She said she was inside the Nike store.   (I didn’t see her the first time I looked.)


She bought a pair of leggings for the gym for 106,000 ($31).


We went up to J&C Delicias where I had a Thai salad and she had a Florentine salad.  I tried their durazno (peach) juice which was quite good.  While waiting for our food I observed a nearby couple get some type of food in a bread bowl but was told it wasn’t soup.  We got a dish of ice cream for dessert to share.  The total came to 76,500 which I paid in cash.


While I went to the restroom Teresa went to Puro Cuero.  Inside she asked me about one of the dining room tables – do I like it more than what we ordered?  What is this about?  I thought everything was settled.  As we left she said something about the sales rep said she wants 150mil more for the darker wood.  It appeared Teresa declined the offer and she said it would be delivered tomorrow.  I question – if it’s to be delivered tomorrow then its already been made, so what color is it?  After awhile I understood that the sales rep will call tomorrow for our answer.  They can deliver it now with the light wood or for 150mil they will deliver the darker wood in 8 days.  Sigh!  I told her I wanted the darker wood.  I hope that’s settled.


As we were leaving the mall I noticed the KFC restaurant also had a huge Kentucky Fried Chicken sign.  I thought they changed their name permanently to KFC?


Finally, today, my insect bites stopped itching; it only took 5 days.


For supper I had hot oatmeal with a slice of toasted bread.


5,012 steps today.


Joke of the day

Hilarious responses to public notices:

Public notice: This printer is here temporarily.

Response: In the greater scheme of things, aren’t we all?

No comments:

Post a Comment