Thursday, February 20, 2020

Wednesday, February 19, 2020


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, woke up once with a right calf cramp, quickly fell back asleep and finally woke/got up at 7:30.


Yesterday at Santa Elena I got insect bites on my arms and legs.  I’ve been putting Caladryl on them which helps a little.


Teresa left about 9:15 for her gym class.  I stayed behind as I had some computer work to do and I wanted to watch the Today show at 10am.


I left the apt just before noon and walked up to Avenida Poblado where I caught a bus after a 10 minute wait.


The bus was slow going down the Gold Mile and I got off a block and a half too early but I was still at their hotel by 12:40.


Bryan, our private driver, arrived a couple minutes early and we left the hotal at 1pm.


He took the tunnel, which cuts the trip to/from Medellin by 20 minutes, and we were at the airport by by 1:40.  They checked their bags then we went up to Piccolo’s where Joan had a salad and Jim and I had pizza.


At 3pm I said goodbye to them for another year.

Outside I helped a young black man who had apparently just arrived.  He showed me the address he was going to and I told him to take the San Diego bus.  I told him it cost 10,500 pesos but he didn’t have any so I sent him to the 2nd floor to the red Davavienda ATM to try first.  When I finished with him I found my bus was full and I was 2nd in line for the next.  It was about a 10-15 minute wait for the next one and another 10-15 minutes until it pulled out.


I got off at San Diego mall, walked through the mall and across the street soon was on an Envigado bus.  I don’t think the bus got over 20mph and not just because of the heavy traffic down the Gold Mile.  I returned to the apt just before 5pm.


I took a shower and turned on my notebook and I see an icon on the bottom that says OneDrive is uploading files to the cloud – only 5,800 more to go.


Teresa called me – she’s at the mall with her mother at Crepes & Waffles.  I told her I’d be there in an hour or so.  I had 2 mini waffles with California (ice cream, strawberries, and whipped cream).


When I arrived and was looking over the menu they went downstairs for coffee leaving me with the check.  Lol.


I joined them at the ice cream Crepes & Waffles and led them to Habia Una Vez.  I ordered a cafĂ© con leche and a slice of Carrot Cake.  The waitress told me it’s the last slice but I ordered it anyway.  A young lady was walking by with her pug and right next to our table it put on the brakes and sat down.  I understood she said it wanted some carrot cake.  I told the dog the last piece is mine.  The cake was a little dry but I ate most of it anyway.  In a few minutes the lady’s husband came with a takeout order and they all left.


We left about 8pm and walked back to our respective apartments.


9,897 steps today.


Joke of the day

A young banker decided to get his first tailor-made suit.

So he went to the finest tailor in town and got measured for a suit.

A week later he went in for his first fitting.

He put on the suit and he looked fabulous; he felt that in this suit he can do business.

As he was preening himself in front of the mirror, he reached down to put his hands in the pockets and to his surprise he noticed that there were no pockets.

He mentioned this to the tailor who asked him, "Didn't you tell me you were a banker?"

The young man answered, "Yes, I did."

To this, the tailor said, "Who ever heard of a banker with his hands in his own pockets?"

No comments:

Post a Comment