Saturday, February 8, 2020

Friday, February 7, 2020

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally awakened by my alarm clock at 5:30am.

We left the apt just after 6:30 and arrived at Terminal del Sur just after 7am.  We got on the bus and they left right at 7:30.  I slept for the first 45 minutes.  We stopped at the little town of Bolonbolo so everyone could use the restrooms.  I had taken a pill to calm my stomach from all the rocking but a woman sitting in front of us threw up at least twice that I could see.  We also passed through another town called Andes – Andes of the Andes. 

We arrived at Jardin de Antioquia about 10:50.  Right away we bought return tickets for a van at 4pm. 

Walking the last few blocks from the bus station to downtown we passed an English speaking Tourist Information center but we didn’t go in.  A block from the park we had a nice lunch at Hotel Restaurante Los Colores.  The temperature was just about the same as Medellin.  We checked out their beautiful ornate church.  I wonder how many years it took to complete that.  Their park, Parque Libertador, is quite large but is in need of more shade.  For 3mil we took a moto taxi to a makeshift cable car station called Estacion Garrucha.  A car barely fit 6 people and it was a 8mil ride across the valley.  We rested on the other side for awhile before returning.

We checked out a couple hotels and they were all about 100mil ($30) a night per couple.

We went to a nice 2nd floor café overlooking the park where we had drinks until it was time to return to the bus station.

On the ride back the driver nicely dropped us off at the Envigado station probably saving us at least 30 minutes.  It was obvious that they had gotten a little rain while we were gone.

5,630 steps today.  (I learned today that the step counter doesn’t work well with the shorts I was wearing.)

Joke of the day
A man walks into a bar and sees his friend slumped over the rail.  He walks up and asks what’s wrong.
“Well,” the guy says, “you know that beautiful girl at work that I wanted to ask out, but I got an erection every time I ask her?”
“Of course,’ his friend replies with a laugh.
“Well,” says the guy straightening up, “I finally got the courage to ask her out, and she agreed.”
“That’s great!” says the friend.  “When are you going out?”
“I went to meet her this evening,” the guy continues, “but I was worried I’d get an erection again.  So I got some duct tape and taped my penis to my leg, so if I did, it wouldn’t show.”
“Makes sense,” says the friend.
“So I get to her door, and I ring her doorbell.  She answered it in the sheerest, tiniest dress you every saw.”
“And what happened then?”
The guy slumps back over the bar again.  “I kicked her in the face.”

No comments:

Post a Comment