Friday, February 7, 2020

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Last night I went to bed at 10:15pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

We left the apt at 9:45 and walked to Parva for coffee.  After awhile we went to downtown Envigado for an orange juice.  A couple blocks away we caught a Sabaneta bus to the San Diego mall.  We walked to the other side of the mall to the bus stop and soon were on a La Ceja bus.  Traffic was heavy and 30 minutes later we got off at the Indiana mall.  We had a delicious, but expensive, lunch at a restaurant named El Correo.  I had a lemonada de coco (the best I’ve ever had) and steak pimienta that were delicious.  I couldn’t finish my steak so I got half of it to go but I did save room for a slice of carrot cake and a cafĂ© con leche.  My total bill came to 78,230 (about $24).

Outside the mall we caught a return bus after only a 5 minute wait.  We got off at the Exposiciones station and we took the metro to the Poblado station.  We walked about 4 blocks to Terminal del Sur.  At the window for the Rapido Ochoa bus we were told they only had seats for 4:30 am and 11:30am.  We went to another bus line but we couldn’t purchase tickets because we didn’t have Teresa’s cedula with us.  They did gave us a reservation but we have to return tomorrow at 7am for the 7:30 bus.  We went upstairs to a bar that Jim said had a view of the runway.  The view was quite a distance away and the view was interrupted by building and trees and was in the sun so I sat in the shade.

When we left we tried for about 15 minutes to get the Didi ride sharing app to work without success.  We got in a long line for a taxi but the wait was only about 10 minutes.  Our driver informed us there was another student demonstration going on so he drove us past Aguacatala station and from there to Avenida Las Vegas and to the apt.

11,791 steps today.

Joke of the day
A man goes to the doctor one day and says, “Doc, I have a problem.  My penis is red.”
The doctor says, “Drop your pants and let me take a look.”
So the man does.
“No problem,” says the doctor.  “We can have you fixed up in no time.  That’ll be $40.”
The man is so impressed that he tells a friend about the experience and that he hadn’t been to a doctor who charged only $40 in ages.
“What doctor did you go to?” his friend asks.  “I have a similar problem.”
So a few days later, his friend goes to the same doctor and tells him, “Doc, you’ve got to help me.  My penis is blue.”
The doctor asks to take a look.
“Ay yes…Ummm.  Yep, we can take care of it, no problem.  $400.”
“Four hundred dollars?  Wait a minute!  You took care of my friend for only $40.”
“Yes, I did,” says the doctor.  “But his penis had lipstick on it.  Yours has gangrene!”

No comments:

Post a Comment