Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Monday, February 3, 2020


Last night I went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 7:30.

Teresa made us blueberry pancakes with coffee for breakfast that were very filling.

We left the apt about 10am and walked to downtown Envigado.  First we had a glass of orange juice at our usual corner stand for 2mil then we walked to the used bookstore where I exchanged paperbacks for another 2 mil.

We took a Metro bus down to the metro and took it to Sabaneta.  We took a metro up to their Exito and walked the last few blocks to the park.  I had called Erwin to join us but he has been sick for the past couple days.  I texted Glenn and he said he would show up later.  I showed Jim Mercado de Sabaneta then we returned to the park where we hung out for awhile having drinks.  We walked 4-5 blocks north of the park to Porci Carnes where I had a delicious plate of ribs that tasted just like they were hickory smoked.

We took a Sabaneta bus back to the apt but soon discovered it was going down Avenida Las Vegas instead of Avenida Poblado so we got off at the mall.  I bought a large package of eggs that Teresa asked me to buy then we went up to the 3rd floor where we had drinks while enjoying the view of the valley.

About 5pm we returned to the apt.

Soon Esmeralda showed up and the ladies started creating a contract for the finca.

Jim and I left about 7pm and walked to Otra Parte where we enjoyed a nice dinner in the cool of the evening.  For dessert we walked to Antonio’s Gelato where we had Italian ice cream.
We returned to the apt about 9:15.

13,509 steps today.

Joke of the day
A tough looking group of hairy bikers are riding when they see a girl about to jump off a bridge, so they stop.
The leader, a big burly man, gets off his bike and says, "What are you doing?"
"I'm going to commit suicide," she says.
While he doesn’t want to appear insensitive, he also doesn’t want to miss an opportunity, so he asks, "Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a kiss?"
She does, and it is a long, deep, lingering kiss.
After she's finished, the tough, hairy biker says, "Wow! That was the best kiss I’ve ever had! That's a real talent you’re wasting. You could be famous. Why are you committing suicide?"
She replied, "My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl…"

No comments:

Post a Comment