Sunday, March 20, 2016

Friday, March 18th, 2016



For some reason imdb.com doesn’t show any new movie releases today and I couldn’t find what’s playing in Medellin this week.

I had just finished shaving and Teresa informed me that we’re not going to Medellin if it starts raining.  I understand we need to drop off my biopsy results at the Prado clinic.

Teresa brought one of her meat rolls to give to a friend, we left the finca at 1:45, I gave the black dog a large dog biscuit and I tossed to the other black dog a small dog biscuit.  

At the sideroad we found a lot of trees cut down like they will be widening the road and fence posts lying on the side of the path.  

We only had to wait 5 minutes for a bus.  More of the hill has been removed in order to connect the tunnels to the new bridge.

We got off at La Estrella and took the metro to the Prado station.  We walked the 4 blocks to 61Prado where we had a nice lunch.  We arrived at 3pm but it took 40 minutes to bring our food.  (Maybe they had to reopen the kitchen.)  Teresa had tomato soup, chicken breast and mango juice and I had chicken pasta with a mango juice for a total of 45,000 (about $14.50).  As usual it was delicious.

After we finished I asked Teresa for the directions for the clinic and she told me she didn’t have them.  She was depending on me to remember how to get there.  If she had told me before we left I might have been able to find the address in my blog.  Sigh!

We left the hotel at 4pm.  I remembered the clinic was 4 blocks southeast of the metro station I just couldn’t remember if it was 1 block south and 3 blocks east or 3 blocks east and 1 block south.  Instead of starting back at the station, Teresa led me up the hill and we found ourselves at the overpass that “she who will remain nameless” and I used to take all the time 3 years ago.  On the other side we wandered around a little and she asked several people about a clinic but no luck.

We walked back to the metro station, took a train to San Antonio, transferred to the west line and got off at the Floresta station.  I thought we were going directly to Viva Laureles but she finally reminded me we have to go to her friend’s house first to deliver the meat roll.  Traffic was heavy on 80th street (Avenida Ochenta) but we finally caught a taxi.  The Floresta station is closer to her friend’s house (walking distance actually) although it’s possible it could be faster from the Estadio station.

Teresa gave Luz (sister of Beatriz the face massage lady) the meat roll and then they sat down and talked for awhile.  I read my Nook for about 20 minutes until my eyes got tired so I just closed them to rest them a bit.  Luz invited me to lay down on one of their beds so I took a nap for about an hour.  We left just as it was seriously getting dark – about 6:30pm.

We finally caught a taxi after crossing to the other side of the road.  We had him take us to Viva Laureles.  Teresa stopped in a few stores but was unsuccessful in finding a special type of top.  At Popsy I had a Snickers cone and she had a brownie topped with ice cream for 9,630 (about $3.25).

In Exito I couldn’t find my dill pickles but I did pick up a couple packages of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  Teresa picked up arepas and eggs.

As we were walking out of the mall Jhon’s sister walked passed me.  I couldn’t remember her name and I did a double take before I knew who she was.  Teresa noticed and accused me of having a girlfriend until I explained.

We took a slow bus due to heavy traffic to Aguacatala.  After waiting about 15 minutes we took a Caldas bus to you know where – Caldas.  There we waited about 30 more minutes for a bus back to the finca.

In the nearly full moon we could see that more trees had been cut down.  I gave the black dog a large dog biscuit and we were back at the finca by 9:30.

Because it was so late we didn’t bother locking up the terriers.

T-shirt of the day: Where are the drugs?

2 comments:

  1. “She who will remain nameless”, lol. We know. Popcorn: I had this great tip which I used: a small cup or 2 or 3 tablespoons of butter and the same of vegetable oil. Mix them and voilá.

    ReplyDelete