Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Monday, March 14th, 2016



Happy Pie day.  Or should I say Pi day.  Or Π day.  Or 3.14… day.

Because of the US time change yesterday, the Today show now starts at 9am instead of 10am our time.

Peter’s open wound appears to be closing so that’s probably a good thing.

I understand if it doesn’t rain we’re going to the clinic in Prado otherwise we’ll stay home and go on Wednesday.

On the news I saw that in Bogota the taxi drivers had a large protest against Uber.

At 1pm it was only 64 degrees with 95% humidity so we didn’t go anywhere.

The first unusual thing I found in my iTunes music collection is a Songs of Innocence album of 11 U2 songs.  I’m sure I didn’t download them – I didn’t like any of them when I played them.  Perhaps a clue is that they are the only songs with a “cloud” icon next to them.  I highlighted each of them one at a time and selected Delete and it asked if I wanted to “hide it from my iTunes purchases”?  I replied yes and now I don’t see them there.

Secondly, I have songs listed in my iTunes playlist that won’t play unless I have my Sandisk flashdrive with its iTunes music file in one of my USB ports.  I need to figure out how to copy them from my flashdrive to my laptop.  As a test I took Simon & Garfunkel’s Cecilia and copied it from my flashdrive to my laptop.  It then worked without my flashdrive but it had created 2 entries on my laptop.  (I remember having lots of songs with 2 entries and I delted one of them; that’s probably what led to my problems.)  Tomorrow I’ll see if it still works after having rebooted the computer.

I took a nap from 2:15 to 3:45.  Teresa joined me from 3:30 to 4pm.

Laura arrived about 4:15.  We made popcorn and watched Blue-eyed Butcher (5.6).

I put Peluche and Luna in the doghouse with no problem.  Teresa coaxed Peter inside the finca and gave him some dogfood.  I picked him up to carry him to the shed and his wound must have rubbed against me as he whined and tried to bite my thumb.  I put him down and told Teresa I was through but she managed to coax him into the shed using part of a dog biscuit.

I finished Carl Sagan’s 350 page Contact and downloaded his 475 page Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors.

From 11pm to midnight we watched episode 7 of Fargo.

T-shirt of the day: I love your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment