Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Monday, March 7th, 2016



I slept well until the terriers woke me up at 5:30am.  I got up about 9:15 after experiencing intestinal pains on and off every 5 minutes for about 30 minutes.  It ended up being diarrhea so I took the maximum of 3 immodium.  I finally had a bowl of cereal for breakfast at 11:30.

I called CSC and requested to no longer receive a direct deposit confirmation each month.  They said they would stop it so we’ll see.
One of my blog readers informed me that the eggs I had Friday at Cecilia’s are called “huevos pericos”.

Teresa asked me if I wanted to bring a jacket today.  That will be the day!
We left the finca at 2:15 and I gave the black dog 2 dog biscuits.  At the entrance to the sideroad they now have a guardrail installed and on the highway they are installing lightpoles.

It was a beautiful day.  Beautiful, by my definition, means it wasn’t hot.   There were a few sprinkles throughout the day.

We had to wait 20 minutes for a bus, we got off at La Estrella station, took the metro to San Antonio, tranferred to the west line and got off at the stadium.

It was raining and we caught a taxi to Teresa’s doctor appointment.  I understand she had plasma injected into her face to stay young looking for me.  I don’t know if that was worth the 160,000 pesos ($50) it cost.  I understand she made another appointment for Thursday, April 7th at 3pm.
We took a taxi to Viva Laureles where we had lunch (dinner?) at Frisby.  Instead of each of us buying a chicken combo for about 20,000 Teresa had the great idea of buying 8 pieces of chicken for 30,000.  Whatever we don’t finish today we can warm up in the microwave for lunch tomorrow.  (That way she doesn’t have to make lunch tomorrow.)  I took some notes about Frisby’s menu as I might as well right a Trip Advisor review about it.

We stopped in Exito where Teresa picked up a bag of rice, I looked for a jar of dill pickles (unsuccessfully) but I did pick up another bag of butter popcorn.

We took a bus to Aguacatala.  It took 45 minutes mainly because there was an accident at Calle 30.  While we were waiting for a bus back to the finca, Teresa was sitting on a bench at the bus stop and I was right behind her sitting on a small concrete wall.  Suddenly she yelled “raton” and I jumped.  Raton is Spanish for mouse.  Teresa pointed into the plants and I saw a rat with a body about 5 inches long and a tail about the same length.  It jumped down and picked up a potato chip.  I walked towards it and it dropped the potato chip and dived into a crack in the concrete planter.

After about 10 minutes we were on a bus back to the finca.  We got past the G-dogs undetected and were back at the finca by 8:45.

Catastrophe!  Teresa couldn’t find the Fab laundry detergent we bought yesterday.  She does have a bad habit of putting things on chairs where they are out or sight.  I try to always take a second look at our table and chair as we leave anyplace we’ve been sitting.

T-shirt of the day: Cool story babe… now make me a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment