Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Tuesday, March 15th, 2016



I checked my USAA checking account and found that for each of my Citibank withdrawals I was refunded about $3 of each $5 ATM fee.  I guess it’s worth it to be able to withdraw an extra 100,000 pesos each time.

James (the kitchen and chess chair guy) is supposed to come today.  He showed up at 11:30 with caned tops that he screwed onto the chair seats.  Unfortunately, as I thought, the seat was about 3” lower than I had asked for.  I remember I had showed him my other chair and told him specifically that I wanted the chairs to be at the height of the top of the seat.  But he took into account the fact that the “foam” seat would depress with weight on it.  Now I have seats that are about 7 centimeters shorter than what I wanted.  Sigh!  We might be able to find something to add or screw into the leg bottoms but even if it worked they would look ugly.

We took a nap from 12:15 to 1:15.  After “sleeping on it” so to speak, we decided, since I don’t even have anyone here to play chess with, to wait until we move to Envigado when I’ll probably have new chairs made.

It started raining at 3:15 but it only lasted about 20 minutes.

Well, I was able to play Cecilia today but I wonder if I can delete one of the two listed and it will still work.  If I guess the correct one.

We watched a mini series called Human Trafficking.  Of course now Teresa wants Laura to see it.

I watched episode 1 of the 4th season of House of Cards.

T-shirt of the day: Hibernation.

2 comments:

  1. Terry,

    Ref - Your chess chairs . . .

    Now, just a thought here.... Is there any way to install/affix round spacers (maybe wooden doweling) betweeen the tops of the chair legs and the underside of the wicker seats to lift the seats up those final 7 cms? Doing it that way should be very inexpensive and also mostly (if not completely) invisible to the casual eye.

    Or perhaps somewhat less than 7 cms if the spacers (at 7 cms) prove to be visible. You would then at least be closer to the height you wanted them to be.

    Solamente mis dos granitos de arena . . .

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't look like it would work on these chairs.

      Delete