Sunday, March 20, 2016

Saturday, March 19th, 2016



The dogs woke me up once about 3 or 4am but I don’t think they bothered me much after that.  Still I got up twice during the night to go to the bathroom.

Teresa especially didn’t sleep well last night so we took a nap from 12:15 to 1:30 and another from 2:45 to 4:15.

The peso closed down at 3,072 to the dollar.  It’s been dropping for weeks now as the price of oil has gone up.

I checked my blog notes from last year and the clinic we missed yesterday is called Torre Medica Prado and it’s at Carrera 50A #64-65.  Near as I can tell it’s about 4 blocks from 61Prado but in the opposite direction because last time we got off at Hospital station not Prado station.  Sigh!

Teresa made me one of the packages of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for a very late lunch.

At 4:45 we lost our electricity.  Sigh!  I know Colombia has been having power supply troubles.  I’ve seen President Santos on TV reporting on how much energy has been saved since the previous day as people try to conserve energy.

Teresa talked to Laura and they want to visit either Guatape or Parque Arvi tomorrow.  I’m okay with either but the former will require getting up pretty early in the morning.

I spent a few hours reading my latest Nook book.  About 9pm Teresa challenged me to a game of dominoes.  I won the first game then she won 5 in a row.  I still haven’t figured out all the rules.  As I remember the game ends as soon as one player can’t lay down a tile.  But the local rules seem to be that in that instance the player who laid down the tile has to take it back and lay down a different tile.  It took me a while to figure out that that only happens once per person per game.  Then, if someone doesn’t lay down all their tiles, as soon as both players cannot play further you count the dots on your remaining tiles and the person with fewer is the winner.

T-shirt of the day: Come as you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment