Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Tuesday, March 8th, 2016



Happy International Women’s Day!

The terriers woke me up about 5:45am, I made my usual trip to the bathroom, disconnected my recharged cell phone, turned it on and brought it back to bed with me.

We got a call about 7am.  Teresa got up sometime after and I finally got up at 9:45.  Leonardo was already there (I think he’s the one who called earlier).  Teresa informed me that he could completely redo the roof for 1,200,000 instead of the other quote we got for 2,000,000 and we wouldn’t have to pay until the first week of April.  I questioned whether he would do as good a job and Teresa reminded me that he’s the one who originally built the finca.

In the afternoon I spent about 5 minutes outside stapling the outside edge of the screen for the chicken coop.  (Of course when I got back inside I found that the no-seeums got me in several places.)  Now we have to get a pair of metal sheers to cut most of the top part of the screen.  Leonardo saw what I was doing and took a machete and cleanly cut the wire screen exactly as I wanted it.

Leonardo left about 5pm after reorganizing some of the shingles in the back including adding new ones and I understand he will return the first week of April.

Teresa put a couple blankets in the coop and later we put Peluche and Luna inside without any problem.  From now on I’ll refer to this place as the doghouse.
I finished my last 16oz. bag of peanuts.  :(

I finished Laurence Krauss’s 183-page A Universe from Nothing or perhaps more accurately it finished me.  It was difficult to get through and I have to admit I wasn’t able to read more than the first few pages of the last couple of chapters.

I downloaded Carl Sagan’s Contact even though I believe I’ve read it before.

Tomorrow we’re going to Caldas to buy food at Merkepaisa.  if the weather and sideroad are dry we’ll probably buy a month’s worth so Walter can bring it back in the taxi, otherwise we’ll just buy a few things to bring back on the bus.

T-shirt of the day: Future princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment