Friday, March 18, 2016

Thursday, March 17th, 2016



Happy St. Patrick’s Day!  And yes, I am Irish (one fourth).

Although I did get up twice during the night, the dogs didn’t bother me early in the morning but I finally was awakened by a heavy rain at 8:45am.  It only lasted about 15 minutes.

It’s a very overcast day today looking like it could start raining again at any moment.

This post is from one of the expats on Expat Exchange:
Here´s the Colombia Reports article about the strike. http://colombiareports.com/fed-santos-colombia-goes-strike/?utm_source=Colombia+news+update&utm_campaign=410a7b24ba-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a19516450f-410a7b24ba-70639305
These strikes are pretty ongoing, almost none of the industrial and professional groups are happy with their circumstances right now. Doctors, nurses, teachers, taxistas, truckers, miners, farmers, coffee growers and everybody else....you name, they are all pissed off. I remember well the national strikes in 2011 and 2013 that all but paralyzed the country. In 2011 I was stuck in a village 2 and a half hours from Pereira. For two weeks I watched the supplies dwindle because no trucks could bring in groceries or other essentials. Fortunately it was in a farm region so there was plenty of meat and vegetables and fruits being carried to town by wheelbarrow and horseback. In 2013 I was stuck in Popayan and couldn´t even buy gas for my moto. Buses were stopped in their tracks. The only transportation was by foot or by air, and the airlines tripled the price of tickets. The strikes ended after President Santos agreed to a bunch of demands, then he very blithely failed to follow through on any of his promises. No wonder his approval rating has plummeted and no wonder the people are striking again.

Well, I deleted the 2 entries for Cecilia in iTunes but then I couldn’t copy it from my flashdrive and I also couldn’t undo my delete.  I was able to do an “add file from library” and got it back on iTunes but now I’m back where I was – I have an entry for Cecilia but I can’t play it without my flashdrive inserted.

I noted another song “Autumn of my Life” that would only play when the flashdrive was inserted.

I created a folder named Sandisk flashdrive iTunes Music and copied all the files from my Sandisk flashdrive to it.  I removed the flashdrive and selected Cecilia.  Again it said the music wasn’t available and asked if I wanted to locate it.  I said yes and pointed it to the new folder I had just created.  It asked me if I wanted to locate all the missing files and I answered yes.  It reported “iTunes was unable to locate all of the files”.  I was able to play Cecilia and Autumn of my Life so I don’t know which songs it wasn’t able to find.  I started every song in my iTunes library and the only ones not found are Big Bad John, Homeward Bound, I am a Rock, and Windy.  I found Big Bad John on my flashdrive so I connected it with my iTunes request and afterwards it found all 4 of the above songs.

I guess Teresa liked the microwave popcorn I made with butter so much she asked me if I knew how to make it without using a microwave.  I found a small pot and melted some butter while she made the popcorn.  We finished a large container of it while we finished The Sum of all Fears (6.4) on Netflix.  (I think she was about to give up on it after last night but the action started right after we started it today.

I think we’re going to watch the news tomorrow morning in order to decide whether it’s safe to venture out or not.

We watched a pretty poor horror movie called Husk (5.1).

T-shirt of the day: Get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment